Commentary on Chan S & Levy V (2004) Postnatal depression: a qualitative study of the experiences of a group of Hong Kong Chinese women. Journal of Clinical Nursing 13, 120–123
Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 133–134, January 2005
How to Cite
Proctor, K. and Welbourn, T. (2005), Commentary on Chan S & Levy V (2004) Postnatal depression: a qualitative study of the experiences of a group of Hong Kong Chinese women. Journal of Clinical Nursing 13, 120–123. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 14: 133–134. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2004.00963.x
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
- 1994) Screening women for high risk of postnatal depression. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 38, 539–545. , , , & (
- 1994) Prevalence of postnatal psychiatric morbidity in mothers and fathers. British Journal of Psychiatry 164, 782–788. , , , & (
- 1996) A meta-analysis of predictors of postpartum depression. Nursing Research 45, 297–303. (
- 1961) An inventory for measuring depression. Archives of General Psychiatry 4, 561–571. , , , & (
- 1997) The impact of psychological treatments of postnatal depression on maternal mood and infant development. In Postpartum Depression and Child Development (MurrayL & CooperPJ eds). Guildford Press, New York, London, pp. 201–220. & (
- 1996) The development and validation of a predictive index for postpartum depression. Psychological Medicine 26, 627–634. , , & (
- 1982) Detection of Psychiatric Illness by Questionnaire. Maudsley. Monograph 21, 1st edn. Oxford University Press, Oxford. (
- 1985) Emotional and physical factors in the genesis of puerperal mental disorders. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 29, 3–11. (
- National Health and Medical Research Council (2000) Postnatal Depression. Systematic Review of Published Scientific Literature to 1999. National Health and Medical Research Council, Commonwealth of Australia, Australia.
- 1997) The nature of postpartum depressive disorders. In Postpartum Depression and Child Development (MurrayL & CooperPJ, eds). Guilford, New York, pp. 3–31. (
- 1996) Rates and risk of postnatal depression – a meta-analysis. International Review of Psychiatry 8, 37–54. & (
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (2002) Postnatal Depression and Puerperal Psychosis – A National Clinical Guideline. Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.
- 2003) ‘Race’ and ethnicity. In The Social Context of Birth. (SquireC ed). Radcliffe Medical Press, Oxford, pp. 77–92. (
- SquireC (ed.) (2003) The Social Context of Birth. Radcliffe Medical Press, Oxford.
- 1996) Antenatal psychosocial risk factors associated with adverse postnatal family outcomes. Canadian Medical Association Journal 154, 785–799. , , , , & (