Commentary on The health promotion model as assessed by ageing workers. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 219–266Naumanen P (2006)
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2006
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 1590–1591, December 2006
How to Cite
Whitehead, D. (2006), Commentary on The health promotion model as assessed by ageing workers. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 219–266. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 15: 1590–1591. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01323.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2006
- 2001) Creating healthy workplaces in Northern Ireland: evaluation of a lifestyle and physical activity assessment programme. Occupational Medicine 51, 439–449. , & (
- 2002) Connecting healthy workplaces with healthy people. Kai Tiaki: Nursing New Zealand 8, 10. (
- 2000) Health promoting workplaces – international settings development. Health Promotion International 15, 155–167. , , , , , & (
- 1997) The health-promoting workplace: an integrative perspective. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 21, 377–385. , & (
- 2002) Partnerships for sustainable healthy workplaces. The Annals of Occupational Hygiene 46, 423–428. (
- 2000) The health promotion implications of the knowledge and attitude of employees in relation to health and safety leaflets. International Journal of Environmental Health Research 10, 315–329. , , & (
- 2004) Does the heartbeat award scheme in England result in change in dietary behaviour in the workplace? Health Promotion International 19, 197–204. , & (
- 2006) The health promotion model as assessed by ageing workers. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 219–266. (
- 2000) The heartbeat challenge programme: promoting healthy changes in New Zealand workplaces. Health Promotion International 15, 49–55. , & (
- 2003) Promoting mental health through employment and developing healthy workplaces: the potential of natural supports at work. Health Education Research 18 (2), 207–215. & (
- 2000) Health surveillance for health care workers: a vital role for the occupational and environmental health nurse. AAOHN Journal 48, 73–79. (
- 2000) Healthy workplace indicators: costing reasons for sickness absence within the UK National Health Service. Occupational Medicine 50, 251–257. & (
- 2001) Health education, behavioural change and social psychology: nursing's contribution to health promotion? Journal of Advanced Nursing 34, 822–832. (
- 2003) Viewing health promotion and health education as symbiotic paradigms: bridging the theory and practice gap between them. Journal of Clinical Nursing 12, 796–805. (
- 2004a) Health promotion and health education: advancing the concepts. Journal of Advanced Nursing 47, 311–320. (
- 2004b) The European Health Promoting Hospitals (HPH) project: How far on? Health Promotion International 19, 259–267. (
- 2004c) Health Promoting Universities (HPU): the role and function of nursing. Nurse Education Today 24, 466–472. (
- 2004) How effective are health education programmes: resistance, reactance, rationality and risk? Recommendations for effective practice. International Journal of Nursing Studies 41, 163–172. & (
- 2005a) Overview – the culture, context and progress of health promotion in nursing. In: Health Promoting Practice: The Contribution of Nurses and Allied Health Professions. (ScrivenA ed.). Palgrave, London (in press). (
- 2005b) Health Promoting Hospitals (HPH): the role and function of nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing 14, 20–27. (
- 2005c) Workplace health promotion: the role and responsibilities of nursing managers. Journal of Nursing Management 14, 59–68. (
- 2006a) The Health Promoting School (HPS): what role for nursing? Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 264–271. (
- 2006b) The Health Promoting Prison (HPP) and the imperative for nursing. International Journal of Nursing Studies 43, 123–131. (
- World Health Organisation (1995) Global Strategy on Occupational Health for All: The Way to Health at Work. Recommendation of the Second Meeting of the WHO Collaborating Centres in Occupational Health – 1994, Beijing, China. WHO, Geneva.
- World Health Organisation-Western Pacific Regional Office (1999) Regional Guidelines for the Development of Healthy Workplaces. WHO-WPRO, Manila.
- World Health Organisation (2004a) Healthy Workplaces: World Health Organisation Regional Office for Europe. Available at: http://www.euro.who.int/healthyworkplaces (last accessed 8 June 2005).
- World Health Organisation (2004b) Occupational Health. Available at: http://www.who.int/oeh/ (last accessed 8 June 2005).
- World Health Organisation (2004c) Focus: Healthy Settings and Environment. Available at: http://www.wpro.who.int (last accessed 8 June 2005).