Editorial: The practice and research of complementary and alternative medicine in nursing
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2008
© 2008 The Author. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Special Issue: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 19, pages 2521–2523, October 2008
How to Cite
Smith, G. D. (2008), Editorial: The practice and research of complementary and alternative medicine in nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17: 2521–2523. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2008.02498.x
- Issue published online: 17 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2008
- 2008) A systematic review of honey uses and its potential value within oncology care. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2604–2623. , , & (
- 2005) Making sense of illness: the experiences of users of complementary medicine. Journal of Health Psychology 10, 559–572. & (
- 2008) Effects of music therapy on psychological health of women during pregnancy. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2580–2587. , & (
- 2008) Acupressure and meridian massage: combined effects on increasing body weight in premature infants. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 1174–1181. , , , & (
- 2008) A traditional Chinese herbal medicine used to treat dysmenorrhoea among Taiwanese women. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2588–2595. , , , & (
- 2008) Evaluation of services of the integrative health clinic in Hong Kong (2008). Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2550–2557. , , & (
- 2008) Oxford Handbook of Complementary Medicine. Oxford University Press, Oxford. , , & (
- 2008) The outcome of tactile touch on oxytocin in intensive care patients: a randomised controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2624–2633. , , , & (
- House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology (2000) Complementary and Alternative Medicine. HL Paper 123.The Stationery Office, London.
- 2008) A study on the efficacy of body-mind-spirit group therapy for patients with breast cancer. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2539–2549. , , , , , , & (
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (2004) The NMC Code of Professional Conduct: Standard for Conduct, Performance and Ethics. NMC, London.
- NCCAM. Available at: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/ (accessed on 28 March 2008).
- 1998) Therapeutic touch: what could be the harm? Scientific Review of Alternative Medicine 2.1, 56–62. (
- 2001) Alternative Medicine: The Christian Handbook. Zondervan Publishing House, London. & (
- 2008) Exploration of the use of complementary and alternative medicine among Turkish children. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2558–2564. & (
- Royal College of Nursing (2003) Complementary Therapies in Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Practice. RCN, London.
- 2006) The effect of nurse-led gut-directed hypnotherapy upon health related quality of life in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 678–684. (
- 2008) An implementation programme to improve nursing home staff’s knowledge of and adherence to an individualized musical protocol. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2573–2579. , & (
- The Prince of Wales’s Foundation for Integrated Health (2003) Setting the Agenda for the Future. The Prince of Wales’s Foundation for Integrated Health, London.
- 2001) Use and expenditure on complementary medicine in England: a population based survey. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 9, 2–11. , & (
- 2003) Trends in access to complementary or alternative medicines via primary care in England: 1995-2001 results from a follow-up national survey. Family Practice 20, 575–577. , & (
- 2008) Pain experiences, control beliefs and coping strategies in Chinese elders with osteoarthritis. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2596–2603. , , & (
- 2008a) The efficacy of non-pharmacological treatments of depression on glycaemic control in type 2 diabetes. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2524–2530. , , & (
- 2008b) Systematic review and meta-analysis of tuina for cervical spondylosis. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2531–2538. , , , & (
- 2008) Editorial: Should we be complimentary to complementary therapies? Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2241–2242. (
- World Health Organization (2004) Guidelines on Developing Consumer Information on Proper Use of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- 2008) A comparison of the knowledge of, experience with and attitudes towards complementary and alternative medicine between nurses and patients in Korea. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2565–2572. & (