Editorial: Regulation in complementary and alternative medicine: is it time for statutory regulation of CAM in the UK?
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Clinical Nursing
Volume 19, Issue 7-8, pages 901–903, April 2010
How to Cite
Smith, G. D. (2010), Editorial: Regulation in complementary and alternative medicine: is it time for statutory regulation of CAM in the UK?. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 19: 901–903. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03221.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2010
- 2010) Effects of acupressure on menstrual distress in adolescent girls: a comparison between Hegu-Sanyingjiao Matched Points and Hegu, Zusanli single point. Journal of Clinical Nursing 19, 998–1007. & (
- 2008) Attitudes and beliefs towards complementary and alternative medicine (CAM): a cross-cultural approach comparing Singapore and the United Kingdom. Complementary Therapies in Medicines 185, 754–757. & (
- Department of Health (2001) Government Response to the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology’s Report on Complementary and Alternative Medicine. HMSO, London.
- 2003) Regulation of complementary and alternative. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies 8, 291–292. (
- 2006) The Desktop Guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd edn. Edinburgh, Mosby. , & (
- House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology (2000) Complementary and Alternative Medicine. HL Paper 123. The Stationery Office, London.
- 2010) Community based interventions to reduce falls in older adults in Taiwan. A long-term follow up randomised controlled study. Journal of Clinical Nursing 19, 959–968. , , & (
- 2009) The regulation of CAM practice in the UK: can it achieve its aim of safeguarding the public? Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies 14, 167–170. (
- National Centre for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2004) What is complementary and alternative medicine? Available at: http://nih.gov/health/whatishealth (accessed 28 November 2009).
- Royal College of Nursing (2003) Complementary Therapies in Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Practise. RCN, London.
- 2006) The effect of nurse-led gut-directed hypnotherapy upon health related quality of life in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 678–684. (
- 2008) The practice and research of complementary and alternative medicine in nursing. Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2521–2523. (
- 2009) The need for complementary and alternative medicine familiarisation in undergraduate nurse education. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 18, 2113–2115. (
- 2002) UK: the current state of regulation of complementary and alternative medicine. Complementary therapies in medicine 10, 8–13. & (
- 2008) Should we be complimentary to complementary therapies? Journal of Clinical Nursing 17, 2241–2242. (