In the paper by Buswell, Moles & Hartley (2011) the percentage changes in trait value reported were incorrect. The authors have revised their analysis and the correct values are as follows.
- • The largest change was an increase in leaf area of 216% per 100 years in Veronica arvensis.
- • The largest change in plant height was a decrease of 64% per 100 years in Facelis retusa, followed by a 60% decrease in Trifolium glomeratum.
- • The largest change in leaf area was an increase of 216% per 100 years in Veronica arvensis, followed by a decrease of 65% per 100 years in Cicendia quadrangularis.
- • The largest change in the ratio of leaf width to leaf length was a 21% decrease in Gamochaeta americana, followed by a 20% increase in Geranium molle.
- • Euphorbia peplus showed a decrease in leaf mass per area of 37% per 100 years.
- • The revised analysis requires an update to the data presented in Fig. 2 (see below).