Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms.
Use of a clinical decision support system to increase osteoporosis screening
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 89–92, February 2012
How to Cite
DeJesus, R. S., Angstman, K. B., Kesman, R., Stroebel, R. J., Bernard, M. E., Scheitel, S. M., Hunt, V. L., Rahman, A. S. and Chaudhry, R. (2012), Use of a clinical decision support system to increase osteoporosis screening. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 18: 89–92. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2753.2010.01528.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
- Accepted for publication: 28 June 2010
- 1National Osteoporosis Foundation. Clinician's Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. Washington, DC: National Osteoporosis Foundation. Available at: http://www.nof.org/professionals/NOF_Clinicians_Guide.pdf (last accessed 28 July 2010).
- 8US Department of Health and Human Services. (2004) Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: US Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General.
- 192005) Universal bone densitometry screening combined with alendronate therapy for those diagnosed with osteoporosis is highly cost-effective for elderly women. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 53 (10), 1697–1704., , & (
- 21Impact of Consumer Health Informatics Applications. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 188. (Prepared by Johns Hopkins University Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290-2007-10061-I). AHRQ Publication No. 09(10)-E019. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. October 2009., , , et al.