Beyond bone mineral density: can existing clinical risk assessment instruments identify women at increased risk of osteoporosis?
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2004
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 256, Issue 5, pages 375–380, November 2004
How to Cite
Wehren, L. E. and Siris, E. S. (2004), Beyond bone mineral density: can existing clinical risk assessment instruments identify women at increased risk of osteoporosis?. Journal of Internal Medicine, 256: 375–380. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2796.2004.01397.x
- Issue published online: 15 OCT 2004
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2004
- 1National Osteoporosis Foundation. Osteoporosis: review of the evidence for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment and cost-effectiveness analysis. Osteoporos Int 1998; 8(Suppl. 4): S1–88.
- 3International Osteoporosis Foundation. The Facts About Osteoporosis and its Impact. Lyon, France: International Osteoporosis Foundation, 2004. http://www.osteofound.org/press_centre/fact_sheet.html .
- 4National Osteoporosis Foundation. America's Bone Health: the State of Osteoporosis and Low Bone Mass in Our Nation. Washington, DC: National Osteoporosis Foundation, 2002.
- 6World Health Organization. Assessment of Fracture Risk and Application to Screening for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. Geneva: WHO Technical Report Series, 1994.
- 7US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. Rockville, MD, USA: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2002. http://www.ahcpr.gov/clinic/prev/ostscinv.htm.
- 11International Osteoporosis Foundation. Osteoporosis Risk Test. International Osteoporosis Foundation, 2002. http://www.iofcongress.org/risk_test .
- 13Development and validation of a simple questionnaire to facilitate identification of women likely to have low bone density. Am J Man Care 1997; 4: 37–48., , , , ,
- 20SOFSURF: a simple, useful risk factor system can identify the large majority of women with osteoporosis. Bone 1998; 23(Suppl.): S605 (Abstract)., , , ,