Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group are listed in the Contributors section
Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity and mass in relation to vascular disease and nonvascular mortality
Version of Record online: 7 JUL 2010
© 2010 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 268, Issue 4, pages 348–358, October 2010
How to Cite
Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group (2010), Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity and mass in relation to vascular disease and nonvascular mortality. Journal of Internal Medicine, 268: 348–358. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2796.2010.02258.x
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 7 JUL 2010
- 1Human macrophages secret platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase. J Biol Chem 1990; 265: 9682–7., , , , .
- 2Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 protein expression in the natural progression of human coronary atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2006; 26: 2523–9., , et al.
- 3Lp-PLA2 and risk of atherosclerotic vascular disease. Lancet 2010; 375: 1498–500..
- 4Molecular basis of the interaction between plasma platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase and low density lipoprotein. J Biol Chem 1999; 274: 7018–24., , et al.
- 5Role of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 in atherosclerosis: biology, epidemiology, and possible therapeutic target. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2005; 25: 923–31., .
- 6Increased activity of platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase in low-density lipoprotein subfractions induces enhanced lysophosphatidylcholine production during oxidation in patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia. Eur J Clin Invest 1997; 27: 595–602., , , , , .
- 7Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase, generates two bioactive products during the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein: use of a novel inhibitor. Biochem J 1999; 338 (Pt 2): 479–87., , et al.
- 8Anti-inflammatory properties of a platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase. Nature 1995; 374: 549–53., , et al.
- 9US Food and Drug Administration. URL http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf5/K050523.pdf [accessed on 16 June 2010).
- 10The Stabilization of Atherosclerotic Plaque by Initiation of Darapladib Therapy Trial (STABILITY) URL http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00799903 [accessed on 16 June 2010].
- 11Association between lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. Mayo Clin Proc 2007; 82: 159–65., , , , , .
- 12Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity and risk of heart failure: the Rotterdam study. Eur Heart J 2006; 27: 2346–52., , et al.
- 13Plasma lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 levels in heart failure: association with mortality in the community. Atherosclerosis 2009; 203: 593–8., , et al.
- 14Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2) and risk of congestive heart failure in older adults: the Cardiovascular Health Study. Circ Heart Fail 2009; 2: 429–36., , et al.
- 15MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group. MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study of cholesterol lowering with simvastatin in 20,536 high-risk individuals: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2002; 360: 7–22.
- 16MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group. MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study of cholesterol-lowering therapy and of antioxidant vitamin supplementation in a wide range of patients at increased risk of coronary heart disease death: early safety and efficacy experience. Eur Heart J 1999; 20: 725–41.
- 17MRC/BHF Heart Protection Study Collaborative Group. N-terminal Pro-B-type natriuretic peptide, vascular disease risk, and cholesterol reduction among 20,536 patients in the MRC/BHF heart protection study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 49: 311–9.
- 18A more accurate method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine: a new prediction equation. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group. Ann Intern Med 1999; 130: 461–70., , , , , .
- 19Improved estimates of floating absolute risk. Stat Med 2004; 23: 93–104..
- 20Lp-PLA2 Studies Collaboration. Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and risk of coronary disease, stroke, and mortality: collaborative analysis of 32 prospective studies. Lancet 2010; 375: 1536–44.
- 21Cholesterol fractions and apolipoproteins as risk factors for heart disease mortality in older men. Arch Intern Med 2007; 167: 1373–8., , et al.
- 22Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration. Major lipids, apolipoproteins, and risk of vascular disease. JAMA 2009; 302: 1993–2000.
- 23Underestimation of risk associations due to regression dilution in long-term follow-up of prospective studies. Am J Epidemiol 1999; 150: 341–53., , et al.
- 24Association of gene polymorphisms with coronary artery disease in individuals with or without nonfamilial hypercholesterolemia. Atherosclerosis 2004; 172: 167–73., , et al.
- 25Assessment of genetic risk for myocardial infarction. Thromb Haemost 2006; 96: 220–7., , et al.
- 26Associations of PLA2G7 gene polymorphisms with plasma lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity and coronary heart disease in a Chinese Han population: the Beijing atherosclerosis study. Hum Genet 2009; 125: 11–20., , et al.
- 27The Val279Phe variant of the lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 gene is associated with catalytic activities and cardiovascular disease in Korean men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91: 3521–7., , et al.
- 28The effect of darapladib on plasma lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity and cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with stable coronary heart disease or coronary heart disease risk equivalent: the results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 51: 1632–41., , et al.
- 29Effects of the direct lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2) inhibitor darapladib on human coronary atherosclerotic plaque. Circulation 2008; 118: 1172–82., , et al.
- 30Inhibition of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 reduces complex coronary atherosclerotic plaque development. Nat Med 2008; 14: 1059–66., , et al.
- 31The Stabilization Of pLaques usIng Darapladib-Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction 52 Trial (SOLID-TIMI 52). URL http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01000727 [accessed on 16 June 2010].