A complete list of the study investigators is presented in the Appendix.
Circulating cardiovascular biomarkers in recurrent atrial fibrillation: data from the GISSI-Atrial Fibrillation Trial
Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 269, Issue 2, pages 160–171, February 2011
How to Cite
Latini, R., Masson, S., Pirelli, S., Barlera, S., Pulitano, G., Carbonieri, E., Gulizia, M., Vago, T., Favero, C., Zdunek, D., Struck, J., Staszewsky, L., Maggioni, A. P., Franzosi, M. G., Disertori, M. and on the behalf of the GISSI-AF Investigators (2011), Circulating cardiovascular biomarkers in recurrent atrial fibrillation: data from the GISSI-Atrial Fibrillation Trial. Journal of Internal Medicine, 269: 160–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2796.2010.02287.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 SEP 2010 01:03AM EST
- 1ACC/AHA/ESC Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation: Executive Summary A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines and Policy Conferences (Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation) Developed in Collaboration With the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Circulation 2001; 104: 2118–50., , et al.
- 16Comparative evaluation of B-type natriuretic peptide, mid-regional pro-A-type natriuretic peptide, mid-regional pro-adrenomedullin, and Copeptin to predict 1-year mortality in patients with acute destabilized heart failure. J Card Fail 2007; 13: 42–9., , et al.
- 18Rationale and design of the GISSI-Atrial Fibrillation Trial: a randomized, prospective, multicentre study on the use of valsartan, an angiotensin II AT1-receptor blocker, in the prevention of atrial fibrillation recurrence. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2006; 7: 29–38., , et al.
- 26Comparison of candesartan, enalapril, and their combination in congestive heart failure: randomized evaluation of strategies for left ventricular dysfunction (RESOLVD) pilot study. The RESOLVD Pilot Study Investigators. Circulation 1999; 100: 1056–64., , et al.
- 29Plasma atrial natriuretic peptide concentration inversely correlates with left atrial collagen volume fraction in patients with atrial fibrillation: plasma ANP as a possible biochemical marker to predict the outcome of the maze procedure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 39: 288–94., , et al.