Ethics Symposium Part III: Ethical review boards: Important ethical safeguards or over-burdensome and unnecessary bureaucracy?
Viewpoint: A method to estimate the cost in lives of ethics board review of biomedical research
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Association for the Publication of the Journal of Internal Medicine
Journal of Internal Medicine
Volume 269, Issue 4, pages 396–402, April 2011
How to Cite
Whitney, S. N. and Schneider, C. E. (2011), Viewpoint: A method to estimate the cost in lives of ethics board review of biomedical research. Journal of Internal Medicine, 269: 396–402. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2796.2011.02351_2.x
- Issue online: 15 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2011
- 2Cost-Benefit Analysis: Legal, Economic and Philosophical Perspectives. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2001., , eds.
- 3Greg Koski on human subjects protection. J Clin Res Best Pract 2007; 3: 2. Available from http://firstclinical.com/journal/2007/0709_Koski.pdf, accessed 5 August 2010..
- 7The health of nations: the contribution of improved health to living standards. In: MurphyKM, TopelRH, eds. Measuring the Gains from Medical Research: An Economic Approach. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2003; 35..
- 10Ethics of clinical trials. In: WilliamsCJ, ed. Introducing New Treatments for Cancer: Practical, Ethical, and Legal Problems. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 1992; 49–65., , .
- 11CDC, DHHS, Hospital Care Statistics Branch, Division of Health Care Statistics. 1987 Summary: National Hospital Discharge Survey Number 159 (Rev), September 28, 1988.
- 13Diffusion of Innovations. 5th ed. New York: Free Press 2003; 272..
- 15Controversy and quality improvement: lingering questions about ethics, oversight, and patient safety research. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2008; 34: 349–53., , , , , .