Preparation of TEM samples of metal–oxide interface by the focused ion beam technique
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2006
Journal of Microscopy
Volume 223, Issue 1, pages 73–82, July 2006
How to Cite
ABOLHASSANI, S. and GASSER, P. (2006), Preparation of TEM samples of metal–oxide interface by the focused ion beam technique. Journal of Microscopy, 223: 73–82. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2818.2006.01599.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 7 JUL 2006
- Received 8 September 2004; accepted 13 February 2006
- 2004) Examination of metal–oxide interface of irradiated zirconium alloys by means of TEM and AEM. 13th European Microscopy Congress, Belgian Society for Microscopy, Antwerp, Belgium, pp. 55–56. & (
- 2000) Recent Observations on the evolution of the secondary phase particles in Zircaloy-2 under irradiation in a BWR up to high burn-up. Proceedings of the International Topical Meeting on Light-Water-Reactor Fuel Performance, IAEA, April, 10–13, 2000. American Nuclear Society Inc., Park-City, Utah, pp. 470–484. , , , & (
- 2001) AEM and HRTEM analysis of the metal–oxide interface of Zircaloy-4, prepared by FIB. Proceeding of Microscopy and Microanalysis, August, 5–9, 2001. Microscopy Society for America, Long Beach, California, USA, pp. 250–251. , , & (
- 2002) In-situ observation of oxidation of Zircaloy-4. Proceeding of the 15th International Corrosion Congress, National Centre for Metallurgical Research, Granada, Madrid, pp. 349–356. , & (
- 2003) In-situ observation of oxidation of Zircaloy-4. J. Nuclear Materials, 321/1, 70–77. , , & (
- 2005) TEM examinations of the metal–oxide interface of zirconium based alloys irradiated in a pressurised water reactor. Zirconium in the Nuclear Industry. Fourteenth International Symposium JAI, June 2005, pp. 1–25. , , et al. (
- ADR (2001) Europäishes Ubereinkommen über die internationale Beförderung gefährlicher Güter über der Strasse, Band I und II, Stand 1-7-2001.
- 1992) Topographic kinetics and practice of low angle ion beam thinning. Workshop on Specimen Preparation for TEM of Materials III (ed. by R.Anderson), p. 254, Mat. Res. Sym. Proceedings. MRS, Pittsburg. (
- 2000) New techniques for successful thermal barrier coating specimen preparation for transmission electron microscopy. Microscopy Microanalysis, 6, 231–236. & (
- 2002) TEM sample preparation using focused ion beam – capabilities and limits. Proceedings of the 15th International Congress on Electron Microscopy (ed. by J.Engelbrecht, T.Sewell, M.Witcomb, R.Cross and P. Richards), pp. 257–258. Onderstepoort, South Africa. , , , , & (
- 1996) Comparison of the long-term corrosion behaviour of certain Zr alloys in PWR, BWR and laboratory tests. Proceedings of Zirconium in the Nuclear Industry: Eleventh International Symposium, ASTM STP 1295 (ed. by E.R.Bradley and G.P.Sabol), pp. 850–864. American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, Philadelphia. , & (
- 1999) Interphase oxidation in SiC/SiC composites at varying partial pressures of oxygen. Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings. 20 (4), 115–122. & (
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) (2001) Regulations for the safe transport of radioactive material. Vienna, (ST-1).
- 1996) Anodic protection provided by precipitates in aqueous corrosion of Zircaloy. Proceeding of Zirconium in the Nuclear Industry: Eleventh International Symposium ASTM STP 1295 (ed. by E.R.Bradley and G.P.Sabol), pp. 203–217. American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, Philadelphia. , & (
- 2001) Site-specific transmission electron microscope characterization of micrometer-sized particles using the focused ion beam lift-out technique. Microscopy Microanalysis, 7 (5), 418–423. , & (
- 1990) Ultramicrotomy for Materials Science. Workshop on Specimen Preparation for TEM of Materials II. (ed. by R.Anderson) Materials Research Symposium. Proceedings. 199, (MRS, Pittsburg). & (
- SDR (2002) Swiss regulation on the transport of dangerous goods on road, S.D.R., no. 741.621, Revised State At 26 March 2002.
- 2001) Application of focused ion beam lift-out specimen preparation to TEM, SEM, STEM, AES and SIMS analysis. Surface and Interface Analysis. 31 (5), 345–351. , , et al. (
- Swiss Legislation on Radiological Protection (1991) 814.50: Federal Act of 22 March 1991 and 814.501. Ordinance of 22 June 1994, Annex 3. Data for Operational Radiation Protection, revised state at 28 December 2001.