Where UK national policies varied the English policy was reviewed.
A review of nursing workforce policies in five European countries: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Portugal and United Kingdom/England*
Article first published online: 19 APR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Nursing Management
Special Issue: This issue: Opportunities and challenges facing the future global nursing and midwifery workforce Issue editor: Mary Douglas
Volume 19, Issue 6, pages 786–802, September 2011
How to Cite
ATTREE, M., FLINKMAN, M., HOWLEY, B., LAKANMAA, R.-L., LIMA-BASTO, M. and UHRENFELDT, L. (2011), A review of nursing workforce policies in five European countries: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Portugal and United Kingdom/England. Journal of Nursing Management, 19: 786–802. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2011.01214.x
- Issue published online: 7 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2011
- Accepted for publication: 3 November 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!