Speaking up, being heard: registered nurses’ perceptions of workplace communication
Version of Record online: 13 OCT 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Nursing Management
Special Issue: This issue: Improving quality in healthcare - current trends and innovations Issue editors: Martha A. Riehle and Kristiina Hyrkas
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 361–371, April 2012
How to Cite
GARON, M. (2012), Speaking up, being heard: registered nurses’ perceptions of workplace communication. Journal of Nursing Management, 20: 361–371. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2011.01296.x
- Issue online: 23 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 OCT 2011
- Accepted for publication: 18 July 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!