Declaration of Interest: None of the authors have any competing interests to declare with respect to the manuscript.
Empathic curiosity: resolving goal conflicts that generate emotional distress
Article first published online: 27 MAY 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing
Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
Volume 20, Issue 3, pages 273–278, April 2013
How to Cite
MCEVOY, P., BAKER, D., PLANT, R., HYLTON, K. and MANSELL, W. (2013), Empathic curiosity: resolving goal conflicts that generate emotional distress. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 20: 273–278. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2850.2012.01926.x
Author contributions: PM developed the format of the paper. All authors contributed to case studies and the drafting of the text. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 27 MAY 2012
- Accepted for publication: 13 April 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.