Electrodermal activity in patients with persistent insomnia
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
© 1994 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 165–170, September 1994
How to Cite
BROMAN, J.-E. and HETTA, J. (1994), Electrodermal activity in patients with persistent insomnia. Journal of Sleep Research, 3: 165–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1994.tb00124.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Accepted in revised form 4 March 1994; received 8 September 1993
- Association of Sleep Disorders Centers. Diagnostic classification of sleep and arousal disorders. Prepared by the Sleep Disorders Classification Committee. H. P. Roffwarg, chairperson. Sleep, 1979, 2: 1–137.
- Autonomic responses to sleep deprivation. Arch. Gen. Psychiat., 1961, 4: 55–59. and
- An inventory for measuring depression. Arch. Gen. Psychiat., 1961, 4: 561–571. , , , and
- Susceptibility to sleep during a habituation procedure as related to individual differences. J. Exp. Res. Pers., 1972, 6: 248–254.
- Behavioral treatments for insomnia. In: M.Hersen, R.Eisler and P.Miller (Eds) Progress in Behavior Modification. Academic Press, New York , 1978, 88: 1–45. and
- Insomnia. J. Consult. Clin. Psychol., 1982, 50: 880–895.
- The Hopkins symptom check list (HSCL): A self-report inventory. Behav. Sci., 1974, 19: 1–15. , , , and
- Publication recommendations for electrodermal measurements. Psychophysiology, 1981, 18: 232–239. , , , , and
- Physiological and psychological factors in sleep-onset insomnia. J. Abnorm. Psychol., 1982, 91: 380–389. and
- Electrodermal lability: An attempt to measure its psychological correlates. Psychophysiology, 1976, 13: 296–301. and
- Relationship between sleep habits, adrenocortical activity and personality. Psychosom. Med., 1971, 33: 499–507. , , and
- Physiological Measures, Sedative Drugs, and Morbid Anxiety. Oxford University Press, London , 1966. and
- Active circuits for direct linear measurement of skin resistance and conductance. Psychophysiology, 1977, 14: 329–331.
- Vicious cycles of sleeplessness, sleep phobia, and sleep-incompatible behaviours in patients with persistent insomnia. Scand. J. Behav. Ther., 1991, 20: 101–114. , , and
- Psychological and physiological differences between good and poor sleepers. J. Abnorm. Psychol., 1967, 72: 255–264.
- Plasma norepinephrine in normal young and aged men: Relationship with sleep. J. Gerontol., 1984, 39: 561–567. , , , and
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques, and Scoring System for Sleep Stages in Human Subjects. National Public Health Service, US Government Printing Office, Washington , 1968. and
- Daytime alertness in relation to mood, performance, and nocturnal sleep in chronic insomniacs and noncomplaining sleepers. Sleep, 1984, 7: 230–238. , , , , and
- Sleepiness in insomnia: Evaluation and treatment. Sleep, 1982, 5: S182–S190. and
- Daytime alertness in patients with chronic insomnia compared with asymptomatic control subjects. Sleep, 1988, 11: 54–60. , , , and