Regularity of daily life in relation to personality, age, gender, sleep quality and circadian rhythms
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
© 1994 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 3, Issue 4, pages 196–205, December 1994
How to Cite
MONK, T. H., PETRIE, S. R., HAYES, A. J. and KUPFER, D. J. (1994), Regularity of daily life in relation to personality, age, gender, sleep quality and circadian rhythms. Journal of Sleep Research, 3: 196–205. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1994.tb00132.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Accepted in revised form 7 June 1994; received 31 January 1994
- Basic concepts and implications. In: J.Arendt, D. S.Minors and J. M.Waterhouse (Eds) Biological Rhythms in Clinical Practice. Wright, London , 1989: 3–7. , and
- The statistical analysis of circadian phase and amplitude in constant-routine core-temperature data. J. Biol. Rhythms, 1992, 7(3): 177–202. and
- Wrist activity monitoring in air crew members: a method for analyzing sleep quality following trans-meridian and north-south flights. J. Biol. Rhythms, 1989, 4: 93–105. , and
- The Pittsburgh sleep quality index: A new instrument for psychiatric practice and research. Psych. Res., 1989, 28: 193–213. , , , and
- Psychosocial correlates and sequelae of electroencephalographic sleep in healthy elders. J. Gerontol. Psych. Sci., 1994, 49: P8–P18. , , , , , and
- The Wisconsin parental leave study: The role of fathers. In: J. S.Hyde and M. J.Essex (Eds) Parental Leave and Child Care: Setting a research and policy agenda Temple University Press, Philadelphia , 1991: 208–293. and
- Eysenck Personality Inventory. University of London Press, London , 1963. and
- Time structure and purposeful activity among employed and unemployed university graduates. J. Occup. Psychol., 1983, 56: 241–254. &
- A self-assessment questionnarie to determine morningness-eveningness in human circadian rhythms. Int. J. Chronobiol., 1976, 4: 97–110. and
- The Circadian rhythm of body temperature in poor sleepers. Sleep Research, 1985, 14: 301. , and
- A visual analogue scale technique to measure Global Vigor and Affect (GVA). Psych. Res., 1989, 27: 89–99.
- Sleep and circadian rhythms. Exp. Gerontol., 1991, 26: 233–243.
- Rhythmic vs. homeostatic influences on mood, activation, and performance in young and old men. J. Gerontol. Psych. Sci., 1992, 47(4): 221–227. , , , and
- The social rhythm metric: An instrument to quantify the daily rhythms of life. J. Nervous Mental Dis., 1990, 178: 120–126. , , , and
- COSINA—A cosine curve fitting program suitable for small computers. Int. J. Chronobiol., 1983, 8: 193–222. and
- The social rhythm metric (SRM): Measuring daily social rhythms over 12 weeks. Psych. Res., 1991, 36: 195–207. , , and
- Circadian determinants of subjective alertness. J. Biol. Rhythms, 1989, 4: 393–404. , , and
- Daily social rhythms in the elderly and their relation to objectively recorded sleep. Sleep, 1992, 15(4): 322–329. , , and
- Stressful life events, social rhythms, and depressive symptoms among the elderly: An examination of hypothesized causal linkages. Psych. Res., 1994, 51: 33–49. , , , , and
- Slaughterhouse Five. Dell Publishing, New York , 1968.
- The Circadian System of Man: results of experiments under temporal isolation. Springer-Verlag, New York , 1979.