K-complexes: are they signs of arousal or sleep protective?
Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2009
© 1995 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 138–143, September 1995
How to Cite
WAUQUIER, A., ALOE, L. and DECLERCK, A. (1995), K-complexes: are they signs of arousal or sleep protective?. Journal of Sleep Research, 4: 138–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00162.x
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2009
- Accepted in revised form 3 May 1995; received 5 March 1994
- The evoked K-complex; all-or-none phenomenon? Sleep, 1992, 15: 236–245. and
- Effect of rate of tone-pip stimulation on the evoked K-complex. J. Sleep Res., 1994, 3: 65–72. and
- Evoked K-complexes and cardiovascular responses to spindle synchronous and spindle asynchronous stimulus clicks during NREM sleep. Electroenceph. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1978, 45: 443–453. , and
- A normative study of sleep in different forms of epilepsy. In: M. B.Sterman, M. M.Shouse and P.Passousant (Eds) Sleep and Epilepsy. Academic Press, New York , 1982; 329-338. , , and
- K-complexes and sleep spindles before transient activation during sleep. Sleep, 1981, 4: 400–407. , , , and
- K-complex formation of the EEG in sleep. A survey and new examinations. Acta Physiol. Hungarica, 1985, 65: 3–35. , and
- Magnetic encephalography as a tool of clinical neurophysiology. In: E.Niedermeyer and F. H.Lopes daSilva (Ed) Electroencephalography, 3rd edn. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore , 1993: 1035-1061.
- Sympathetic muscle nerve activity during sleep in man. Brain, 1991, 114: 1281–1295. , , , and
- The K-complex in thalamic depth records. Clin. Electroenceph, 1978, 9: 90–89. and
- Autonomic correlates of the spontaneous K-complex. Psychophyiology, 1978, 4: 444–451. and
- The orienting reflex during waking and sleeping. Electroenceph. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1967, 22: 11–21. and
- Cerebral states during sleep as studied by human brain potentials. J. Exp. Psychol, 1937, 21: 127–144. , and
- Distribution of disturbance patterns in the human encephalogram, with special references to sleep. J. Neurophysiol., 1939, 2: 413–430. , and
- Dynamic relation of sleep spindles and K-complexes to spontaneous phasic arousal in sleeping human subjects. Sleep, 1982, 5: 58–72. , , and
- Epileptic seizure disorders. In: E.Niedermeyer and F. H.Lopes daSilva (Eds) Electroencephalography, 3rd edn. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore , 1993, 4: 461–564.
- Discriminative response to stimulation during human sleep. Brain, 1960, 83: 440–453. , and
- The K-complex variability in normal subjects. In: M. G.Terzano, P.Halasz and A. C.Declerck (Eds) Phasic Events and Organization of Sleep. Raven Press, New York , 1991: 167-168. and
- A model-based detector of vertex waves and K-complexes in sleep electroencephalogram. Electroenceph. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1991, 78: 71–79. , , and
- Rechtschaffen, A. and Kales, A. (Eds) A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Public Health Service, US Government Printing Office, Washington DC , 1968.
- The form, voltage distribution, and physiological significance of the K-complex. Electroenceph. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1956, 8: 385–402. , and
- Body motility during sleep and its relation to the K-complex. Exp. Neurology, 1968, 22: 133–144. and
- Phasic events in narcolepsy. In: J.Horne (Ed.) Sleep ‘90. Pontenagel Press, Bochum , 1990: 164-166. , , and