Arousal, Increased respiratory efforts, blood pressure and obstructive sleep apnoea
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
© 1995 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 4, Issue Supplement s1, pages 117–124, June 1995
How to Cite
GUILLEMINAULT, C. and STOOHS, R. (1995), Arousal, Increased respiratory efforts, blood pressure and obstructive sleep apnoea. Journal of Sleep Research, 4: 117–124. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00200.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2009
- Atlas Task Force of the American Sleep Disorders Association (Guilleminault C., Chair). EEG arousals: scoring rules and examples. Sleep, 1992, 15: 173–184.
- A specific and potent pressor effect of hypoxia in patients with sleep apnoea. Am. Rev, Respir. Dis., 1992, 146: 1240–1245. , , , and
- A New Method for Measuring Daytime Sleepiness, the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. Sleep, 1991, 14: 540–545.
- Reliability and Factor Analysis of the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. Sleep, 1992, 15: 376–381.
- Responses to inflation of vagal afferents with endings in the lung of dogs. Circ. Res., 1982, 51: 525–531. , , and
- Cardiopulmonary interaction - the effects of negative and positive pleural pressure changes on cardia output. In: Dantzker (Ed.) Cardiopulmonary Critical Care. Grune and Stratton, Orlando , 1986: 89–119.
- Rechtschaffen, A. and Kales, A., (Eds) A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring Systems for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Brain Information Service/Brain Research Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles , 1968.
- Hypoxemia alone does not explain blood pressure elevations after obstructive apneas. J. Appl. Physiol., 1990, 69: 2143–2148. , , , , , and
- Mueller maneuver and LV function in coronary artery disease. Ann. Biomed. Eng., 1987, 15: 297–310. , , , , , and
- Hemodynamic studies in sleep apnea. In: C.Guilleminault, W. C.Dement (Eds) Sleep Apnea Syndromes. Alan R. Liss, New York , 1978: 177–196. , and
- Gas exchange and haemodynamics during sleep. Med. Clin. North Am., 1985, 69: 1243–1264.
- Hemodynamics in obstructive sleep apnea. In: E. C.Fletcher (Ed) Abnormalities of Respiration During Sleep. Grune and Stratton, Orlando , 1986: 39–61.
- Cardiovascular changes associated with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. J. Appl. Physiol., 1992, 75: 583–589. and
- Repetitive apneas induce periodic hypertension in normal subjects through hypoxia. J. Appl. Physiol., 1992, 72: 821–827. and
- The occurrence of sleep-disordered breathing among middle-aged adults. N. Engl. J. Med., 1993, 328: 1230–1235. , , , , and