Sleep complaints in patients with myotonic dystrophy
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2004
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 95–100, March 2004
How to Cite
Laberge, L., Bégin, P., Montplaisir, J. and Mathieu, J. (2004), Sleep complaints in patients with myotonic dystrophy. Journal of Sleep Research, 13: 95–100. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2004.00385.x
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2004
- Accepted in revised form 21 December 2003; received 12 August 2003
- Myotonic dystrophy as a brain disorder. Arch. Neurol., 1998, 55: 291–293.
- Relationship between chronic hypercapnia and inspiratory-muscle weakness in myotonic dystrophy. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 1997, 156: 133–139. , , and
- Prevalence of sleep disorders in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Am. J. Psychiatry, 1979, 136: 1257–1262. , , , and
- Neuropsychological deficits and sleep in myotonic dystrophy. Can. J. Neurol. Sci., 1990, 17: 410–415. , , , and
- Excessive daytime somnolence and increased rapid eye movement pressure in myotonic dystrophy. Sleep, 2002, 25: 672–675. , and
- Breathing during sleep in patients with myotonic dystrophy and non-myotonic respiratory muscle weakness. Q. J. Med., 1991, 78: 21–31. , , , , , , , and
- Excessive daytime sleepiness in myotonic dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci., 1999, 164: 60–63. , , , , , , and
- Criteria for establishing the validity of genetic recombination in myotonic dystrophy. Neurology, 1989, 39: 420–421. and
- Respiratory and hemodynamic study during wakefulness and sleep in myotonic dystrophy. Sleep, 1978, 1: 19–31. , , and
- Hypersomnia associated with alveolar hypoventilation in myotonic dystrophy. Neurology, 1981, 31: 1336–1337. and
- Expansion of an unstable DNA region and phenotypic variation in myotonic dystrophy. Nature, 1992, 355: 545–546. , , , , , , , and
- Myotonic Dystrophy, 3rd edn. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA, 2001.
- Seventeenth-century European origins of hereditary diseases in the Saguenay population (Quebec, Canada). Hum. Biol., 1997, 69: 209–225. , and
- Myotonic dystrophy-forgotten aspects of an often neglected condition. Curr. Opin. Neurol., 1997, 10: 399–401.
- A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale. Sleep, 1991, 14: 540–545.
- Myotonic dystrophy. Neurol. Clin., 1988, 6: 455–472. and
- Cardiopulmonary insufficiency associated with myotonic dystrophy. Am. J. Med., 1959, 26: 929–935. , and
- Genetic risks for children of women with myotonic dystrophy. Am. J. Hum. Genet., 1991, 48: 1084–1091. , , and
- Restless legs syndrome and sleep bruxism: prevalence and association among Canadians. Sleep, 1994, 17: 739–743. and
- Disturbances of wakefulness, sleep and respiratory function in Steinert's disease. Rev. Neurol. (Paris), 1977, 133: 255–270. , , , , , and
- Hypersomnia in dystrophia myotonica: a neurophysiological and immunogenetic study. Acta Neurol. Scand., 1991, 84: 498–502. , , , , and
- Decreased hypocretin-1 (orexin-A) levels in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with myotonic dystrophy and excessive daytime sleepiness. Sleep, 2003, 26: 287–290. , , , , , and
- Genealogical reconstruction of myotonic dystrophy in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean area (Quebec, Canada). Neurology, 1990, 40: 839–842. , and
- Assessment of a disease-specific impairment rating scale in myotonic dystrophy. Neurology, 2001, 56: 336–340. , , , and
- Daytime sleep in myotonic dystrophy is not caused by sleep apnoea. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 1994, 57: 626–628. , , , , and
- Appendix I. In: C.Guilleminault (Ed) Sleeping and Waking Disorders: Indications and Techniques. Addison-Wesley, Menlo Park, CA, 1982: 384–413.
- Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations: pathological phenomena? Br J Psychiatry, 1996, 169: 459–467. , , and
- Hypersomnolence in myotonic dystrophy: demonstration of sleep onset REM sleep. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 1995, 58: 512–513 (letter). and
- Hypersomnia in dystrophia myotonica. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 1961, 24: 173–175. and
- Daytime somnolence in myotonic dystrophy. J. Neurol., 1999, 246: 275–282. , , , and
- Clinical and sleep laboratory study of narcoleptic symptoms in multiple sclerosis. Neurology, 1987, 37: 693–695. , , , , , and
- Validation of symptoms related to excessive daytime sleepiness. Neuroepidemiology, 2001, 20: 248–256. , , , , , , and
- Functional hypersomnia. In: C.Guilleminault, W. C.Dement and P. E.Passouant (Eds) Narcolepsy. Spectrum, New York, 1976: 333–349.
- Apathy and hypersomnia are common features of myotonic dystrophy. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 1998, 64: 510–515. , , and