Effect of accumulated night work during the working lifetime, on subjective health and sleep in monozygotic twins
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2004
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 45–48, March 2004
How to Cite
Ingre, M. and Åkerstedt, T. (2004), Effect of accumulated night work during the working lifetime, on subjective health and sleep in monozygotic twins. Journal of Sleep Research, 13: 45–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2004.00390.x
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2004
- Accepted in revised form 17 December 2003; received 14 November 2003
- Shift work and disturbed sleep/wakefulness. Occup. Med. 2003, 53: 89–94.
- Spectral analysis of sleep electroencephalography in rotating three-shift work. Scand. J. Work Environ. Health 1991, 17: 330–336. , and
- Sleep disturbances, work stress and work hours. A cross-sectional study. J. Psochosom. Res. 2002, 53: 741–748. , , , , and
- Aanonsen, A. (Ed.) Shift Work and Health. Universitetsforlaget, Oslo, 1964.
- Shiftwork effects on retired workers. In: M.Haider, M.Koller and R.Cervinka (Eds) Night and Shiftwork: Longterm Effects and their Prevention. Verlag Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, 1986: 93–100. , , and
- Sleep quality of former night shift workers. Int. J. Occup. Environ. Health 1997, 3: 10–14. , and
- Structure du sommeil chez des travailleurs à horaires alternants. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol. 1974, 37: 337–344. and
- Nervose Belastung im Betrieb. I. Nachtarbeit und Nervose Belastung, Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen , 1958. , , and (Eds)
- Circadian rhythm disturbances and sleep disorders in shift workers. In: P.A.Buser, W.A.Cobb and T.Okuma (Eds) Kyoto Symposia (EEG Suppl. no. 36). Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1982: 709–714. , , and
- Health disorders of shift workers. Occup. Med. 2003, 53: 103–108.
- The healthy-worker effect: self-selection among Swedish shift workers. Work Stress 1992, 6: 163–167. and
- Sleep disturbances in shift workers: a marker for maladaptation syndrome. Work Stress 1989, 3: 33–40. , , , , , and
- The Swedish Twin Registry: a unique resource for clinical, epidemiological and genetic studies. J. Intern. Med. 2002, 252: 184–205. , , , , and
- Effects of age, working hours, and job content on sleep: a pilot study. Exp. Aging Res. 1999, 25: 421–427. , and
- Subjective health after six months and after four years of shift work. Ergonomics 1978, 21: 857–859. , and
- The pathological consequences of shift work in retired workers. In: A.Reinberg, N.Vieux and P.Andlauer (Eds) Night and Shift Work. Biological and Social Aspects. Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1981: 399–407. , , , and
- Work/rest cycles in railroad operations: effects of shorter than 24-h shift work schedules and on-call schedules on sleep. Ergonomics 2000, 43: 573–588. and
- Age, working conditions, and sleep disorders: a longitudinal analysis in the French cohort E.S.T.E.V. Sleep 1999, 22: 491–504. and
- Mortality of shift and day workers 1956–68. Br. J. Ind. Med. 1972, 29: 201–207. and
- Shift work and health. Ind. Med. Surg. 1958, 27: 493–497.
- The sleep and performance of shift workers. Hum. Factors 1982, 24: 624–641. , , , and
- The evolution of shift workers’ sleep four years and twelve years after starting shift work. In: A.Oginski, J.Pokorski and J.Rutenfranz (Eds) Shiftwork Research ’87. Contemporary Advances in Shiftwork Research. Medical Academy, Krakow, 1986a: 269–276. , and
- Subjective health after twelve years of shift work. In: M.Haider, M.Koller, R. Cervinka (Eds) Night and Shiftwork: Longterm Effects and their Prevention. Verlag Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, 1986b: 67–74. , , and
- Are there permanent effects of night shift work on sleep? Biol. Psychol. 1983, 16: 273–283.