Agrypnia excitata in a patient with progeroid short stature and pigmented Nevi (Mulvihill-Smith syndrome)
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2005
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 463–470, December 2005
How to Cite
FERRI, R., LANUZZA, B., COSENTINO, F. I. I., IERO, I., RUSSO, N., TRIPODI, M. and BOSCO, P. (2005), Agrypnia excitata in a patient with progeroid short stature and pigmented Nevi (Mulvihill-Smith syndrome). Journal of Sleep Research, 14: 463–470. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2005.00465.x
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2005
- Accepted in revised form 18 May 2005; received 14 December 2004
- Learning and sleep: the sequential hypothesis. Sleep Med. Rev., 2001, 5: 477–490. and
- A recognisable short stature syndrome with premature aging and pigmented naevi. J. Med. Genet., 1988, 25: 53–56. , and
- Mulvihill-Smith syndrome: case report and review. J. Med. Genet., 1994, 31: 707–711. , , and
- Undiagnosed syndrome of psychomotor retardation low birthweight dwarfism skeletal dental dermal and genital anomalies. Birth Defects Orig. Art. Ser., 1975, XI: 364–367.
- ‘‘Mini Mental State’’: a practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for clinician. J. Psychiat. Res., 1975, 12: 189–198. , and
- Fatal familial insomnia and familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: clinical, pathological and molecular features. Brain Pathol., 1995, 5: 43–51. , , , and
- The function of sleep. Preface. Behav. Brain Res., 1994, 69: ix–x.
- Fatal familial insomnia and familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: disease phenotype determined by a DNA polymorphism. Science, 1992, 258: 806–808. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- Novel twelve-generation kindred of fatal familial insomnia form Germany representing the entire spectrum of disease expression. Am. J. Med. Genet., 1999, 87: 311–316. , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- Neurophysiologic studies in Morvan syndrome. J. Clin. Neurophysiol., 2004, 21: 440–445. , , , , and
- Paradoxical sleep as a programming system. J. Sleep Res., 1998, 7 (Suppl. 1): 1–5.
- Fatal familial insomnia and dysautonomia with selective degeneration of thalamic nuclei. New Eng. J. Med., 1986, 315: 997–1003. , , , , , , and
- Fatal familial insomnia and familial Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: different prion proteins determined by a DNA polymorphism. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 1994, 91: 2839–2842. , , , , , , , , , , , , , and
- Agrypnia Excitata: a generalized overactivity syndrome and a useful concept in the neurophysiopathology of sleep. Clin. Neurophysiol., 2002, 113: 552–560. and
- De la Choreé fibrillaire. Gazette Hebdomadaire Médicine Chirurgie, 1890, 27: 173–200.
- Another disorder with prenatal shortness of stature and premature aging. Birth Defects Orig. Art. Ser., 1975, XI: 368–371. and
- Premature aging and immunodeficiency: Mulvihill-Smith syndrome? Am. J. Med. Genet., 1993, 45: 597–600. , , , , , and
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System of Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Washington Public Health Service, US Government Printing Office, Washington DC, 1968. and
- An unidentified syndrome with abnormality of skin and hair. Birth Defects Orig. Art. Ser., 1971, VII: 353–354.
- Mulvihill-Smith progeria-like syndrome: a further report with delineation of phenotype immunologic deficits and novel observation of fibroblast abnormalities. Am. J. Med. Genet., 1997, 69: 56–64. , , , , , and
- Sleep states and memory processes in humans: procedural versus declarative memory systems. Sleep Med. Rev., 2001, 5: 491–506.
- Fatal familial insomnia: the first account in a family of Chinese descent. Arch. Neurol., 2004, 61: 122–125. , , , , and
- WAIS-R Manual. The Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, TX, 1981.
- Genetic basis of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in the United Kingdom: a systematic analysis of predisposing mutations and allelic variations in the PRNP gene. Hum. Genet., 1996, 98: 259–264. , , , , , , , , , , and
- Case report for syndrome identification. Cleft Palate J., 1979, 16: 286–290. , , , , and