Investigating couples’ sleep: an evaluation of actigraphic analysis techniques
Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2005
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 377–386, December 2005
How to Cite
MEADOWS, R., VENN, S., HISLOP, J., STANLEY, N. and ARBER, S. (2005), Investigating couples’ sleep: an evaluation of actigraphic analysis techniques. Journal of Sleep Research, 14: 377–386. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2005.00485.x
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2005
- Accepted in revised form 19 July 2005; received 31 January 2005
- Actigraphy. In: M. H.Kryger, T.Roth and W. C.Dement (Eds) Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine. W. B. Saunders Company, London, 2000: 1295–1301. .
- The measurement of sleep by actigraphy: direct comparison of 2 commercially available actigraphs in a nonclinical population. Sleep, 2004, 27: 986–989. , , , , and .
- A comparison of sleep detection by wrist actigraphy, behavioural response, and polysomnography. Sleep, 1997, 6: 388–395. , , and .
- WaveLab reference manual. 1995, http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~wavelab/ , , , and .
- Progress in automatic sleepwake scoring by wrist actigraph. Sleep Res., 1989, 18: 331. and .
- Automatic sleep/wake identification from wrist activity. Sleep, 1992, 15: 461–469. , , , and .
- Comparing different methodologies used in wrist actigraphy. Sleep Rev. 2001, http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/Articles.ASP?articleid=S0107F04 . and .
- Sleepers Wake! The gendered nature of sleep disruption among mid-life women. Sociology, 2003a, 37: 695–711. and .
- Understanding women's sleep management: beyond medicalization-healthicization? Sociol. Health Illn., 2003b, 25: 815–837. and .
- Sleep as a social act: a window on gender roles and relationships. In: S.Arber, K.Davidson and J.Ginn (Eds) Gender & Ageing: Changing Roles and Relationships. McGraw Hill/Open University Press, Maidenhead, 2003c: 186–205. and .
- Determination of sleep and wakefulness with the actigraph data analysis software (ADAS). Sleep, 1996, 19: 39–43. , , , , , , and .
- Wavelets – a new tool in sleep biosignal analysis. J. Sleep Res., 1994, 3: 223–232. , , and .
- Comparison between subjective and actigraphic measurement of sleep and sleep rhythms. J. Sleep Res., 1999, 8: 175–183. , and .
- Sleep/wake detection using an active security device. Poster presented at APSS, Chicago, IL, 2001. , , , , and .
- Automatic sleep-wake and nap analysis with a new wrist worn online activity monitoring device Vivago WristCare®. Sleep, 2003, 26: 86–90. , , , , and .
- Wavelets: Algorithms and Applications. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, PA, 1993 (translated and revised by Ryan, R.D.).
- The influence of bed partners on movement during sleep. Sleep, 1994, 17: 308–315. and .
- How accurately does wrist activity identify the states of sleep and wakefulness? Sleep, 2001, 24: 957–965. , , and .
- Gender- and age-related differences in sleep determined by home-recorded sleep logs and actimetry from 400 adults. Sleep, 1995: 127–134. and .
- The role of actigraphy in sleep medicine. Sleep Med. Rev., 2002, 6: 113–124. and .
- Activity based sleep-wake identification: an empirical test of methodological issues. Sleep, 1994, 17: 201–207. , and .
- Activity-based assessment of sleep-wake patterns during the 1st year of life. Infant Behav. Dev., 1995a, 18: 329–337. , , , and .
- The role of actigraphy in the evaluation of sleep disorders. Sleep, 1995b, 18: 288–302. , , and .
- Time patterns in parent-child interactions in a Trobriand village (Papua New Guinea). Biol. Rhythm Res., 1994, 25: 241–251. , and .
- Ultrashort sleep-wake schedule: detection of sleep state through wrist actigraph measures. J. Sleep Res., 1989, 18: 100. and .
- Actigraphy in psychopharmacology. In: I.Hindmarch and P.Stonier (Eds) Human Psychopharmacology: Methods and Measures. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1997. .
- Actigraphy in human psychopharmacology: a review. Hum. Psychopharmacol. Clin Exp., 2003, 18: 39–49. .
- Impact of spouse sleep problems on partners. Sleep, 2004, 27: 527–531. , and .
- Issues of validity in actigraphic sleep assessment. Sleep, 2004, 27: 158–165. .
- An activity-based sleep monitor system for ambulatory use. Sleep, 1982, 5: 389–399. , , , and .
- Circadian and ultradian time patterns in human behaviour: Part 1: activity monitoring of families from prepartum to postpartum. Biol. Rhythm Res., 2000, 31: 581–602. and .
- Circadian and ultradian time patterns in human behaviour: Part 2: social synchronisation during the development of the infant's diurnal activity-rest pattern. Biol. Rhythm Res., 2001, 32: 529–546. , and .
- Circadian patterns of rest/activity in infants and their mothers: chronobiological aspects of social synchronisation. J. Sleep Res., 2002, 11(Suppl.):1–260. , and .
- Circadian patterns of rest and activity in infants and their mothers analyzed by SOPRAN – a wavelet application for actigraphic data. Neuroendocrinol. Lett., 2003, 24(Suppl.):236–237. , and .