Refining sleep homeostasis in the two-process model
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
© 2009 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 1–2, March 2009
How to Cite
Borbély, A. A. (2009), Refining sleep homeostasis in the two-process model. Journal of Sleep Research, 18: 1–2. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2009.00750.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
- A model of human sleep homeostasis based on EEG slow-wave activity - quantitative comparison of data and simulations. Brain Res. Bull., 1993, 31: 97–113. , , and
- Sleep: circadian rhythm versus recovery process. In: M.Koukkou, D.Lehmann and J.Angst (Eds) Functional States of the Brain: Their Determinants. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1980: 151–161.
- A two process model of sleep regulation. Hum. Neurobiol., 1982, 1: 195–204.
- Trait-like individual differences in the human sleep electroencephalogram. Neuroscience, 2006, 138: 351–356. , , and
- Timing of human sleep: recovery process gated by a circadian pacemaker. Am. J. Physiol., 1984, 246: R161–R178. , and
- A three-process model of the regulation of alertness-sleepiness. In: R. J.Broughton and R. D.Ogilvie (Eds) Sleep, Arousal, and Performance. Birkhäuser, Boston, 1992: 11–26. and
- Sleep-deprivation in rats. Effects on EEG power spectra, vigilance states, and cortical temperature. Am. J. Physiol., 1991, 261: R198–R208. , , and
- A new mathematical model for the homeostatic effects of sleep loss on neurobehavioral performance. J. Theor. Biol., 2009, 256: 227–239. , , , , and
- Effect of forced locomotion on the rest-activity cycle of the cockroach. Behav. Brain Res., 1983, 8: 351–360.
- Brain topography of the human sleep EEG: antero-posterior shifts of spectral power. Neuroreport, 1996, 8: 123–127. , and
- Evidence for differential human slow-wave activity regulation across the brain. J. Sleep Res., 2009, 18: 3–10. , , , and