Heat-shock protein 70: expression in monocytes of patients with sleep apnoea and association with oxidative stress and tumour necrosis factor-α
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
© 2009 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 19, Issue 1p2, pages 139–147, March 2010
How to Cite
LAVIE, L., DYUGOVSKAYA, L., GOLAN-SHANY, O. and LAVIE, P. (2010), Heat-shock protein 70: expression in monocytes of patients with sleep apnoea and association with oxidative stress and tumour necrosis factor-α. Journal of Sleep Research, 19: 139–147. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2009.00789.x
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2009
- Accepted in revised form 13 August 2009; received 28 November 2008
- Redox regulation of mammalian heat shock factor 1 is essential for Hsp gene activation and protection from stress. Genes Dev., 2003, 17: 516–528. and
- Flow cytometry is a rapid and reliable method for evaluating heat shock protein 70 expression in human monocytes. Cell Stress Chaperones, 1998, 3: 168–176. , , et al.
- Expression and localization of heat shock proteins in rat basophilic leukemia cells: differential modulation by degranulation, thermal or oxidative stress. Allergy, 2002, 57: 791–797. , , et al.
- Immunohistochemical localization of heat shock protein-70 in normal-appearing and atherosclerotic specimens of human arteries. Am. J. Pathol., 1990, 136: 71–80. , , , and
- Differential basal synthesis of Hsp70/Hsc70 contributes to interindividual variation in Hsp70/Hsc70 inducibility. Cell. Mol. Life Sci., 2000, 57: 1317–1325. , , et al.
- Heat shock protein 70 and the acute respiratory distress syndrome. J. Anesth., 2005, 19: 236–242. , and
- Transcriptional repression of the prointerleukin 1beta gene by heat shock factor 1. J. Biol. Chem., 1996, 271: 24874–24879. , , , and
- In vivo heat shock protein assembles with septic liver NF-kappaB/I-kappaB complex regulating NF-kappaB activity. Shock, 2005, 24: 232–238. , , , and
- Over-expression of hsp-70 inhibits bacterial lipopolysaccharide-induced production of cytokines in human monocyte-derived macrophages. Cytokine, 2001, 16: 210–219. , , and
- Inducibility of the 70 kD heat shock protein in peripheral blood monocytes is decreased in human acute respiratory distress syndrome and recovers over time. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2000, 161: 286–292. , , et al.
- Increased adhesion molecules expression and production of reactive oxygen species in leukocytes of sleep apnea patients. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2002, 165: 934–939. , and
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of blood gammadelta T cells in sleep apnea. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2003, 168: 242–249. , and
- Activated CD8+ T-lymphocytes in obstructive sleep apnoea. Eur. Respir. J., 2005a, 25: 820–828. , , and
- Lymphocyte activation as a possible measure of atherosclerotic risk in patients with sleep apnea. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci., 2005b, 1051: 340–350. , and
- Transcriptional and translational regulation of heat shock proteins in leukocytes of endurance runners. J. Appl. Physiol., 2000, 89: 704–710. , , , , and
- Gene expression profiling reveals a signaling role of glutathione in redox regulation. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2005, 102: 13998–14003. , , et al.
- Expression of heat shock proteins in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep, 1999, 22(Suppl.1): S331. , and
- Many mechanisms for hsp70 protection from cerebral ischemia. J. Neurosurg. Anesthesiol., 2004, 16: 53–61. and
- Heat shock protein 70 regulates cellular redox status by modulating glutathione-related enzyme activities. Cell Stress Chaperones, 2007, 12: 245–254. , , and
- Hypoxia-sensitive molecules may modulate the development of atherosclerosis in sleep apnoea syndrome. Respirology, 2006, 11: 24–31. , , , , and
- Hsp70 release from peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 2004, 324: 511–517. , , , , and
- HSF1/hsp72 pathway as an endogenous anti-inflammatory system. FEBS Lett., 2001, 499: 239–244. , , , and
- Psychological stress induces heat shock protein 70 expression in rat aorta. Jpn. J. Pharmacol., 1998, 76: 305–308. and
- Differential distribution of 70-kD heat shock protein in atherosclerosis Its potential role in arterial SMC survival. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol., 1995, 15: 27–36. , , and
- Induction of heat shock proteins for protection against oxidative stress. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 2009, 61: 310–318. and
- Heat shock protein 70 kDa: molecular biology, biochemistry, and physiology. Pharmacol. Ther., 1998, 80: 183–201. and
- Whole-body hyperthermia-induced thermotolerance is associated with the induction of heat shock protein 70 in mice. J. Exp. Biol., 2002, 205: 273–278. , , and
- Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome – an oxidative stress disorder. Sleep Med. Rev., 2003, 7: 35–51.
- Sleep-disordered breathing and cerebrovascular disease: a mechanistic approach. Neurol. Clin., 2005, 23: 1059–1075.
- Evidence for lipid peroxidation in obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep, 2004, 27: 123–128. , and
- Targeted hsp70.1 disruption increases infarction volume after focal cerebral ischemia in mice. Stroke, 2001, 32: 2905–2912. , , et al.
- Obstructive sleep apnoea. Lancet, 2002, 360: 237–245. and
- Oxygen radicals induce stress proteins and tolerance to oxidative stress in human lymphocytes. Int. J. Radiat. Biol., 1996, 70: 337–350. , , and
- Adrenergic regulation of the heat shock response in brown adipose tissue. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther., 1996, 277: 1751–1758. , and
- Isolation of a novel inducible rat heat-shock protein (HSP70) gene and its expression during ischaemia/hypoxia and heat shock. Biochem. J., 1994, 3: 561–569. , , and
- Clinical implications of the stress response. J. Clin. Invest., 1995, 95: 3–12. and
- Role of the human heat shock protein hsp70 in protection against stress-induced apoptosis. Mol. Cell. Biol., 1997, 17: 5317–5327. , , , and
- Age-related decrease in the inducibility of heat-shock protein 70 in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J. Clin. Immunol., 2002, 22: 195–205. , , , , and
- Heat shock protein 72 level decreases during sleep in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 1997, 155: 1316–1322. , , et al.
- Early stress protein gene expression in a human model of ischemic preconditioning. Transplantation, 2004, 78: 1479–1487. , , et al.
- Cardiovascular consequences of sleep-disordered breathing: past, present and future: report of a workshop from the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Circulation, 2004, 109: 951–957. and
- Mice overexpressing rat heat shock protein 70 are protected against cerebral infarction. Ann. Neurol., 2000, 47: 782–791. , , et al.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: implications for cardiac and vascular disease. JAMA, 2003, 290: 1906–1914. , and
- Sympathetic neural mechanisms in obstructive sleep apnea. J. Clin. Invest., 1995, 96: 1897–1904. , , and
- Hsp72 inhibits apoptosis upstream of the mitochondria and not through interactions with Apaf-1. J. Biol. Chem., 2004, 279: 51490–51499. , , , , and
- Constitutive and inducible hsp70s are involved in oxidative resistance evoked by heat shock or ethanol. J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol., 1998, 30: 587–598. , , , , and
- Heat shock response inhibits NF-kappaB activation and cytokine production in murine Kupffer cells. J. Surg. Res., 2005, 129: 114–121. , , and
- The carboxyl-terminal domain of inducible Hsp70 protects from ischemic injury in vivo and in vitro. J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab., 2006, 26: 937–950. , , et al.
- Oxidative stress and oxidant signaling in obstructive sleep apnea and associated cardiovascular diseases. Free Radic. Biol. Med., 2006, 40: 1683–1692. , , and
- A hitchhiker’s guide to the human Hsp70 family. Cell Stress Chaperones, 1996, 1: 23–28. , , and
- Differential increase in the expression of heat shock protein family members during sleep deprivation and during sleep. Neuroscience, 2003, 116: 187–200. , , et al.
- Increased expression of heat shock protein 70 on airway cells in asthma and chronic bronchitis. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol., 1995, 13: 683–691. , , , , and
- Heat shock response modulators as therapeutic tools for diseases of protein conformation. J. Biol. Chem., 2005, 280: 33097–33100. and
- Role of heat shock proteins in atherosclerosis. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol.., 2002, 22: 1547–1559.
- Acute hypertension induces heat-shock protein 70 gene expression in rat aorta. Circulation, 1995, 92: 1223–1229. , , and
- Antiapoptotic and anti-inflammatory mechanisms of heat-shock protein protection. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci., 2005, 1053: 74–83. , , , , and
- Anti-inflammatory effect of heat shock protein induction is related to stabilization of I kappa B alpha through preventing I kappa B kinase activation in respiratory epithelial cells. J. Immunol., 2000, 164: 5416–5423. , , , , and
- NADPH oxidase mediates hypersomnolence and brain oxidative injury in a murine model of sleep apnea. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2005, 172: 921–929. , , et al.
- Intermittent hypoxia exposure-induced heat-shock protein 70 expression increases resistance of rat heart to ischemic injury. Acta Pharmacol. Sin., 2000, 21: 467–472. , , and