Functional connectivity in slow-wave sleep: identification of synchronous cortical activity during wakefulness and sleep using time series analysis of electroencephalographic data
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 496–505, December 2011
How to Cite
LANGHEIM, F. J. P., MURPHY, M., RIEDNER, B. A. and TONONI, G. (2011), Functional connectivity in slow-wave sleep: identification of synchronous cortical activity during wakefulness and sleep using time series analysis of electroencephalographic data. Journal of Sleep Research, 20: 496–505. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00911.x
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2011
- Accepted in revised form 9 January 2011; received 21 May 2010
- Coherence analysis of the human sleep electroencephalogram. Neuroscience, 1998, 85: 1195–1208. and
- Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control. Holden Day, San Francisco, CA, 1970. and
- Regional cerebral blood flow throughout the sleep–wake cycle. An H2(15)O PET study. Brain, 1997, 120: 1173–1197. , , et al.
- Complex brain networks: graph theoretical analysis of structural and functional systems. Nat. Rev. Neurosci., 2009, 10: 186–198. and
- Greater than the sum of its parts: a review of studies combining structural connectivity and resting-state functional connectivity. Brain Struct. Funct., 2009, 213: 525–533. and
- Dual electroencephalogram markers of human sleep homeostasis: correlation between theta activity in waking and slow-wave activity in sleep. Neuroscience, 2000, 101: 523–529. , , and
- Synchronous neural interactions assessed by magnetoencephalography: a functional biomarker for brain disorders. J. Neural Eng., 2007, 4: 349–355. , , et al.
- The synchronous neural interactions test as a functional neuromarker for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): a robust classification method based on the bootstrap. J. Neural Eng., 2010, 7: 16011. , , et al.
- Mapping the structural core of human cerebral cortex. PLoS Biol., 2008, 6: e159. , , et al.
- Synchronous dynamic brain networks revealed by magnetoencephalography. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2006, 103: 455–459. , and
- Time series analysis of magnetoencephalographic data during copying. Exp. Brain Res., 2005, 164: 411–422. , , and
- EEG source imaging. Clin. Neurophysiol., 2004, 115: 2195–2222. , , , , and
- Source modeling sleep slow waves. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2009, 106: 1608–1613. , , , , and
- Nonparametric permutation tests for functional neuroimaging: a primer with examples. Hum. Brain Mapp., 2002, 15: 1–25. and
- Spectral Analysis and Time Series. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1981.