ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00247624.
Actigraphy in insomnia
Comparison of actigraphy with polysomnography and sleep logs in depressed insomniacs
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 122–127, February 2012
How to Cite
MCCALL, C. and MCCALL, W. V. (2012), Comparison of actigraphy with polysomnography and sleep logs in depressed insomniacs. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 122–127. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00917.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2011
- Accepted in revised form 26 February 2011; received 28 July 2010
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC, 1994.
- The role of actigraphy in the study of sleep and circadian rhythms. Sleep, 2003, 26: 342–359. , , , , and
- Validation of the Insomnia Severity Index as an outcome measure for insomnia research. Sleep Med., 2001, 2: 297–307. , and
- Derivation of research diagnostic criteria for insomnia: report of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine work group. Sleep, 2004, 27: 1567–1596. , , et al.
- “Mini-mental state.” A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J. Psychiatr. Res., 1975, 12: 189–198. , and
- A rating scale for depression. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 1960, 23: 56–62.
- Wrist actigraphy in insomnia. Sleep, 1992, 15: 293–300. and
- The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, IL, 2007. , , and
- Comparison of actigraphic, polysomnographic, and subjective assessment of sleep parameters in sleep-disordered patients. Sleep Med., 2001, 2: 389–396. , , , , and
- Psychological treatment of secondary insomnia. Psychol. Aging, 2000, 15: 232–240. , and
- Actigraphy validation with insomnia. Sleep, 2006, 29: 232–239. , , et al.
- Subjective measurement of insomnia and quality of life in depressed inpatients. J. Sleep Res., 2000, 9: 43–48. , and
- Prevalence and prediction of primary sleep disorders in a clinical trial of depressed patients with insomnia. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2009, 5: 454–458. , , , , and
- Insomnia severity is an indicator of suicidal ideation during a depression clinical trial. Sleep Med., 2010a, 11: 822–827. , , et al.
- Treatment of insomnia in depressed insomniacs: effects on health-related quality of life, objective and self-reported sleep, and depression. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2010b, 6: 322–329. , , et al.
- Symptom-based predictors of a 10-year chronic course of treated depression. J. Nerv. Ment. Dis., 1999, 187: 360–368. and
- The role of actigraphy in sleep medicine. Sleep Med. Rev., 2002, 6: 113–124. and
- Standards of Practice Committee of the American Sleep Disorders Association. Practice parameters for the use of actigraphy in the assessment of sleep and sleep disorders: an update for 2007. Sleep, 2007, 30: 519–529.
- Antidepressant treatment of the depressed patient with insomnia. J. Clin. Psychiatry, 1999, 60(Suppl.): 28–31.
- Wrist actigraphy in comparison with polysomnography and subjective evaluation in insomnia. Sleep–Wake Res. Neth., 1994, 5: 163–169. , , and