Actigraphy in children
Polysomnography and actigraphy concordance in juvenile idiopathic arthritis, asthma and healthy children
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
Published 2011. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 113–121, February 2012
How to Cite
WARD, T. M., LENTZ, M., KIECKHEFER, G. M. and LANDIS, C. A. (2012), Polysomnography and actigraphy concordance in juvenile idiopathic arthritis, asthma and healthy children. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 113–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00923.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
- Accepted in revised form 7 April 2011; received 18 March 2011
- Methodological challenges when using actigraphy in research. J. Pain Symptom Manage., 2008, 36: 191–199. , , , , and
- Automatic sleep/wake identification from wrist activity. Sleep, 1992, 15: 461–469. , , , and
- Validation of actigraphy for determining sleep and wake in children with sleep disordered breathing. J. Sleep Res., 2007, 16: 213–216. , , et al.
- Invalidity of one actigraphy brand for identifying sleep and wake among infants. Sleep Med., 2010, 11: 191–196. , and
- Actigraphic assessment of sleep in insomnia: application of the Actigraph Data Analysis Software (ADAS). Physiol. Behav., 1999, 65: 659–663. , , and
- Sleep detection with an accelerometer actigraph: comparisons with polysomnography. Physiol. Behav., 2001, 72: 21–28. , , , and
- Nighttime sleep and daytime nap patterns in school age children with and without asthma. J. Dev. Behav. Pediatr., 2008, 29: 338–344. , , and
- Parent–child agreement in report of nighttime respiratory symptoms and sleep disruptions and quality. J. Pediatr. Health Care, 2009, 23: 315–326. , , and
- Wrist actigraphic scoring for sleep laboratory patients: algorithm development. J. Sleep Res., 2010, 19: 612–619. , , et al.
- Comparison of actigraphic, polysomnographic, and subjective assessment of sleep parameters in sleep-disordered patients. Sleep Med., 2001, 2: 389–396. , , , , and
- Actigraphy validation with insomnia. Sleep, 2006, 29: 232–239. , , et al.
- Standard of Practice Committee of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Practice parameters for the role of actigraphy in the study of sleep and circadian rhythms: an update for 2002. Sleep, 2003, 26: 337–341. , , et al.
- Delta sleep instability in children with chronic arthritis. Braz. J. Med. Biol. Res., 2008, 41: 938–943. , , , , and
- Standards of Practice Committee; American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Practice parameters for the use of actigraphy in the assessment of sleep and sleep disorders: an update for 2007. Sleep, 2007, 30: 519–529. , , et al.
- Subjective and objective measures of sleep in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Sleep Med., 2009, 10: 446–456. , , , , and
- Wake detection capacity of actigraphy during sleep. Sleep, 2007, 30: 1362–1369. , and
- A case-control sleep study in children with polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. J. Rheumatol., 2006, 33: 796–802. , , et al.
- The Statistical Evaluation of Medical Tests for Classification and Prediction. Oxford University Press, New York, 2003.
- Direct comparison of two widely used activity recorders. Sleep, 1998, 21: 207–212. , and
- Obstructive sleep apnea and history of asthma in snoring children. Sleep Breath., 2008, 12: 381–392. , , and
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques, and Scoring Systems for Sleep Stages in Human Subjects. Brain Information Service, Brain Research Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 1968. and
- The role of actigraphy in sleep medicine. Sleep Med. Rev., 2002, 6: 113–124. and
- The role of actigraphy in the evaluation of sleep disorders. Sleep, 1995, 18: 288–302. , , and
- The use of actigraphy to study sleep disorders in preschoolers: some concerns about detection of nighttime awakenings. Sleep, 2008, 31: 395–401. , and
- Sleep assessments in healthy school-aged children using actigraphy: concordance with polysomnography. J. Sleep Res., 2011, 20: 223–232. , , , and
- Associations of obesity, sleep-disordered breathing, and wheezing in children. Am. J. Resp. Crit. Care Med., 2005, 171: 659–664. , , , and
- Actigraphic sleep and daytime naps in adolescent girls with chronic musculoskeletal pain. J. Pediatr. Psychol., 2008, 33: 307–311. , , et al.
- Objective measurements of sleep for non-laboratory settings as alternatives to polysomnography—a systemic review. J. Sleep Res., 2011, 20: 183–200. , and
- Polysomnography and self-reported sleep, pain, fatigue, and anxiety in children with active and inactive juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. J. Pediatr. Psychol., 2008, 33: 232–241. , , et al.
- Sleep disturbance, daytime sleepiness, and neurocognitive performance in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Sleep, 2010, 33: 252–259. , , , , and
- Sleep fragmentation in children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. J. Rheumatol., 1998, 25: 1191–1197. , , and