Month of birth is not a risk factor for narcolepsy with cataplexy in the Netherlands
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 522–525, December 2011
How to Cite
DONJACOUR, C. E. H. M., FRONCZEK, R., LE CESSIE, S., LAMMERS, G. J. and VAN DIJK, J. G. (2011), Month of birth is not a risk factor for narcolepsy with cataplexy in the Netherlands. Journal of Sleep Research, 20: 522–525. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00933.x
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
- Accepted in revised form 2 May 2011; received 22 September 2010
- American Sleep Disorders Association. International Classification of Sleep Disorders, 2nd edn. Diagnostic and Coding Manual . American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester IL, 2005.
- Season of birth in narcolepsy. Sleep Res., 1993, 22: 180. , and
- Elevated Tribbles homolog 2-specific antibody levels in narcolepsy patients. J. Clin. Invest., 2010, 120: 713–719. , , et al.
- Season of birth effect in narcolepsy. Neurology, 2003, 61: 1016–1017. and
- Month of birth as a risk factor for narcolepsy. Sleep, 2003, 26: 663–665. , , et al.
- Seasonality of month of birth of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus in homogenous and heterogeneous populations. Isr. Med. Assoc. J., 2005, 7: 381–384. , , et al.
- Seasonality of births and childhood inflammatory bowel disease. Wien. Klin. Wochenschr., 2005, 117: 554–557. and
- Clinical aspects of narcolepsy–cataplexy across ethnic groups. Sleep, 2002, 25: 27–35. , , , and
- Narcolepsy: clinical features, new pathophysiologic insights, and future perspectives. J. Clin. Neurophysiol., 2001, 18: 78–105. , , and
- A mutation in a case of early onset narcolepsy and a generalized absence of hypocretin peptides in human narcoleptic brains. Nat. Med., 2000, 6: 991–997. , , et al.
- The month-of-birth pattern in narcolepsy is moderated by cataplexy severity and may be independent of HLA-DQB1*0602. Sleep, 2004, 27: 1471–1475. , and
- HLA DR15 (DR2) and DQB1*0602 typing studies in 188 narcoleptic patients with cataplexy. Neurology, 1997, 48: 1550–1556. , , , and
- The frustrating and mostly fruitless search for an autoimmune cause of narcolepsy. Sleep, 2006, 29: 601–602.
- A functional autoantibody in narcolepsy. Lancet, 2004, 364: 2122–2124. , , , and
- Narcolepsy in Southern Chinese patients: clinical characteristics, HLA typing and seasonality of birth. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry, 2008, 79: 1262–1267. , , et al.