Sleep and depression
Reduced sleep quality in healthy girls at risk for depression
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 68–72, February 2012
How to Cite
CHEN, M. C., BURLEY, H. W. and GOTLIB, I. H. (2012), Reduced sleep quality in healthy girls at risk for depression. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 68–72. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00934.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Accepted in revised form 25 May 2011; received 7 April 2011
- The role of actigraphy in the study of sleep and circadian rhythms. Sleep, 2003, 26: 342–392. , , , , and
- Microarchitectural findings in sleep EEG in depression: diagnostic implications. Biol. Psychiatry, 1995, 37: 72–84.
- Relationship between objective and subjective sleep measures in depressed patients and healthy controls. Depress Anxiety, 1997, 5: 97–102. , , and
- Early developmental changes in sleep in infants: the impact of maternal depression. Sleep, 2009, 32: 693–696. , , , , and
- Subjective sleep complaints in pediatric depression: a controlled study and comparison with EEG measures of sleep and waking. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry, 2005, 44: 1158.
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders. American Psychiatric Press, Washington DC, 1997. , , and
- The Munich vulnerability study on affective disorders: microstructure of sleep in high-risk subjects. Eur. Arch. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci., 2008, 258: 285–291. , , et al.
- Controlled comparison of electrophysiological sleep in families of probands with unipolar depression. Am. J. Psychiatry, 1998, 155: 192–199. , , and
- Children of depressed mothers. In: J. R. Z. Abela and B. L. Hankin (Eds) Handbook of Depression in Children and Adolescents. Guilford Press, New York, 2008: 415–440. and
- Parental depression: impact on offspring and mechanisms underlying transmission of risk. In: S. Nolen-Hoeksema (Ed.) Handbook of Adolescent Depression. Guilford Press, New York, 2008: 441–472. , and
- Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children-Present and Lifetime Version (K-SADS-PL): initial reliability and validity data. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry, 1997, 36: 980–988. , , et al.
- The Children’s Depression Inventory (CDI). Psychopharmacol. Bull., 1985, 21: 995–998.
- Comparison of actigraphic, polysomnographic, and subjective assessment of sleep parameters in sleep-disordered patients. Sleep Med., 2001, 2: 389–396. , , , , and
- Natural course of adolescent major depressive disorder in a community sample: predictors of recurrence in young adults. Am. J. Psychiatry, 2000, 157: 1584–1591. , , , and
- Gender differences in depression. In: I. H. Gotlib and C. L. Hammen (Eds) Handbook of Depression, 2nd edn. Guilford Press, New York, 2009: 386–404. and
- Electroencephalographic sleep and hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal changes from episode to recovery in depressed adolescents. J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry, 2008, 18: 607–613. and
- Risk markers for depression in adolescents: sleep and HPA measures. Neuropsychopharmacology, 2009, 34: 1936–1945. , and
- An investigation of interpretive bias in insomnia: an analog study comparing normal and poor sleepers. Sleep, 2006, 29: 1359–1362. , and
- Sleep and depression – results from psychobiological studies: an overview. Biol. Psychol., 2001, 57: 67–103. , and
- Reported chronic insomnia is independent of poor sleep as measured by electroencephalography. Psychosom. Med., 2000, 62: 474–482. and
- Sleep and depression. J. Clin. Psychiatry, 2005, 66: 1254–1269. , and