Both authors contributed equally to this work.
Can observers link dream content to behaviours in rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder? A cross-sectional experimental pilot study
Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 21–29, February 2012
How to Cite
VALLI, K., FRAUSCHER, B., GSCHLIESSER, V., WOLF, E., FALKENSTETTER, T., SCHÖNWALD, S. V., EHRMANN, L., ZANGERL, A., MARTI, I., BOESCH, S. M., REVONSUO, A., POEWE, W. and HÖGL, B. (2012), Can observers link dream content to behaviours in rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder? A cross-sectional experimental pilot study. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 21–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00938.x
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2011
- Accepted in revised form 24 May 2011; received 5 April 2011
- REM sleep behavior disorder and degenerative dementia: an association likely reflecting Lewy body disease. Neurology, 1998, 51: 363–370. , , et al.
- Dream features in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease. J. Neural Transm., 2011, 30. [epub ahead of print]. and
- Dream structure in Parkinson’s patients. J. Nerv. Ment. Dis., 1992, 180: 516–523. , , , and
- Sleep-related violence, injury, and REM sleep behavior disorder in Parkinson’s disease. Neurology, 1998, 51: 526–529. , , and
- Aggressive dream content without daytime aggressiveness in REM sleep behavior disorder. Neurology, 2005, 65: 1010–1015. , , and
- Video analysis of motor events in REM sleep behavior disorder. Mov. Disord., 2007, 22: 1464–1470. , , et al.
- The relation between abnormal behaviors and REM sleep microstructure in patients with REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep Med., 2009, 10: 174–181. , , , , and
- for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications, 1st edn. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, IL, 2007. , , , and
- Characteristics of idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder and that associated with MSA and PD. Neurology, 2005, 65: 247–252. , , , , , , and
- Do the eyes scan dream images during rapid eye movement sleep? Evidence from the rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder model. Brain, 2010, 133: 1737–1746. , , , and
- REM sleep parasomnias. In: M. H. Kryger, T. Roth and W. C. Dement (Eds) Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 4th edn. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 2005: 897–917. and
- Psychiatric complications of levodopa therapy of Parkinson’s disease. Adv. Neurol., 1984, 40: 271–277. , , , and
- Rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder: demographic, clinical and laboratory findings in 93 cases. Brain, 2000, 123: 331–339. , and
- Nonviolent elaborate behaviors may also occur in REM sleep behavior disorder. Neurology, 2009, 72: 551–557. , , , , and
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Brain Information Service/Brain Research Institute, Los Angeles, 1968. and
- Relation between content and movement intensity in REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep, 2004, 27(Abstract Suppl.): A289. , , et al.
- REM sleep behavior disorder: clinical, developmental, and neuroscience perspectives 16 years after its formal identification in SLEEP. Sleep, 2002, 25: 120–138. and
- Symposium: normal and abnormal REM sleep regulation: REM sleep behaviour disorder: an update on a series of 96 patients and a review of the world literature. J. Sleep Res., 1993, 2: 224–231. , and
- REM sleep behavior disorder: clinical and physiopathological findings. Sleep Med. Rev., 1997, 1: 57–69. , and
- Dream phenomena induced by chronic levodopa therapy. J. Neural Transm., 1978, 43: 143–151. , , and
- Laughing as a manifestation of rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder. Parkinsonism Relat. Disord., 2011, 17: 382–385. , , , and