Inducing hypnagogic images
Experience-dependent induction of hypnagogic images during daytime naps: a combined behavioural and EEG study
Version of Record online: 16 AUG 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 10–20, February 2012
How to Cite
KUSSE, C., SHAFFII-LE BOURDIEC, A., SCHROUFF, J., MATARAZZO, L. and MAQUET, P. (2012), Experience-dependent induction of hypnagogic images during daytime naps: a combined behavioural and EEG study. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 10–20. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00939.x
- Issue online: 20 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 AUG 2011
- Accepted in revised form 20 June 2011; received 6 December 2010
- Subjective and objective sleepiness in the active individual. Int. J. Neurosci., 1990, 52: 29–37. and
- An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: psychometric properties. J. Consult. Clin. Psychol., 1988, 56: 893–897. , , and
- The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research. Psychiatry Res., 1989, 28: 193–213. , , , and
- Does the circadian modulation of dream recall modify with age? Sleep, 2009, 32: 1201–1209. , , , and
- Consistent resting-state networks across healthy subjects. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2006, 103: 13. , , et al.
- Self-reflection across time: cortical midline structures differentiate between present and past selves. Soc. Cogn. Affect. Neurosci., 2008, 3: 244–252. , , et al.
- Microcomputer analysis of performance on a portable, simple visual RT task sustained operations. Behav. Res. Meth. Instrument. Comp., 1985, 17: 652–655. and
- Mental activity at sleep onset. J. Abnorm. Psychol., 1965, 70: 231–243. and
- Spontaneous fluctuations in brain activity observed with functional magnetic resonance imaging. Nat. Rev. Neurosci., 2007, 8: 700–711. and
- Comment on “Wandering minds: the default network and stimulus-independent thought”. Science, 2007, 317: 43. , , , and
- Searching for a baseline: functional imaging and the resting human brain. Nat. Rev. Neurosci., 2001, 2: 685–694. and
- Topographical EEG changes and the hypnagogic experience. In: R. D. Ogilvie and J. R. Harsh (Eds) Sleep Onset: Normal and Abnormal Processes. American Psychological Association, Washington DC, 1994: 237–253. , and
- A self-assessment questionnaire to determine morningness-eveningness in human circadian rhythms. Int. J. Chronobiol., 1976, 4: 97–110. and
- Low frequency BOLD fluctuations during resting wakefulness and light sleep: a simultaneous EEG-fMRI study. Hum. Brain Mapp., 2008, 29: 671–682. , , et al.
- A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale. Sleep, 1991, 14: 540–545.
- Regional cerebral blood flow during light sleep – a H(2)(15)O-PET study. J. Sleep Res., 2002, 11: 201–207. , , , and
- Cortical network functional connectivity in the descent to sleep. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2009, 106: 4489–4494. , , , , and
- FMRI artefact rejection and sleep scoring toolbox. Comput. Intell. Neurosci., 2011, 2011: doi:10.1155/2011/598206. , , , and
- Wandering minds: the default network and stimulus-independent thought. Science, 2007, 315: 393–395. , , , , and
- Hypnagogia: the Unique State of Consciousness Between Wakefulness and Sleep. Routledge & Kegan Paul, London, 1987.
- EEG-vigilance and BOLD effect during simultaneous EEG/fMRI measurement. Neuroimage, 2009, 45: 319–332. , , et al.
- The assessment and analysis of handedness: the Edinburgh inventory. Neuropsychologia, 1971, 9: 97–113.
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. UCLA Brain Information Service/Brain Research Institute, Washington DC, 1968. and
- Eyelid movements and mental activity at sleep onset. Conscious. Cogn., 1998, 7: 67–84. , and
- The hypnagogic state: a critical review of the literature. Psychol. Bull., 1976, 83: 452–481.
- Sleep imaging and the neuro-psychological assessment of dreams. Trends Cogn. Sci., 2002, 6: 23–30. and
- Further evidence for the construct validity of the Beck Depression Inventory-II with psychiatric outpatients. Psychol. Rep., 1997, 80: 443–446. , , and
- Replaying the game: hypnagogic images in normals and amnesics. Science, 2000, 290: 350–353. , , , and
- Cognitive replay of visuomotor learning at sleep onset: temporal dynamics and relationship to task performance. Sleep, 2010, 33: 59–68. , , , and