These authors contributed equally to the work.
Floppy eyelid syndrome is associated with obstructive sleep apnoea: a prospective study on 127 patients
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2011
© 2011 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 308–315, June 2012
How to Cite
CHAMBE, J., LAIB, S., HUBBARD, J., ERHARDT, C., RUPPERT, E., SCHRODER, C., MALAN, A., BOURCIER, T. and BOURGIN, P. (2012), Floppy eyelid syndrome is associated with obstructive sleep apnoea: a prospective study on 127 patients. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 308–315. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2011.00968.x
- Issue online: 19 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2011
- Accepted in revised form 21 August 2011; received 28 February 2011
- The eye in sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep Med., 2006, 7: 107–115. , and
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine. International Classification of Sleep Disorders: Diagnostic and Coding Manual, 2nd edn. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, IL, 2005.
- The lax eyelid syndrome. Br. J. Ophthalmol., 1994, 78: 666–670. and
- Acquired lax eyelid syndrome: an unrecognized cause of the chronically irritated eye. Ophthal. Plast. Reconstr. Surg., 2005, 21: 52–58. and
- Sleep apnea in amyloidosis. Chest, 1985, 87: 401–403. , and
- The floppy eyelid syndrome. Am. J. Ophthalmol., 1981, 92: 568–575. and
- Corneal disorders in floppy eyelid syndrome. Cornea, 1994, 13: 33–42. and
- Eye diseases in patients with sleep apnea syndrome: a review. Bull. Soc. Belge Ophtalmol., 2009, 312: 43–51.
- Sleep-disordered breathing and effects on ocular health. Can. J. Ophthalmol., 2007, 42: 238–243. , and
- The associations of floppy eyelid syndrome: a case control study. Ophthalmology, 2010, 117: 831–838. , , , , and
- Floppy eyelid syndrome as a subset of lax eyelid conditions: relationships and clinical relevance (an ASOPRS thesis). Ophthal. Plast. Reconstr. Surg., 2010, 26: 195–204. and
- Mortality and apnea index in obstructive sleep apnea. Experience in 385 male patients. Chest, 1988, 94: 9–14. , , , and
- for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications, 1st edn. Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester, IL, 2007. , , , and
- Ocular findings in sleep apnoea patients using continuous positive airway pressure. Eye (Lond), 2010, 24: 843–850. , , and
- Prevalence of floppy eyelid syndrome in obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome. Ophthalmology, 2006, 113: 1669–1674. , , et al.
- Obstructive sleep apnoea in heretitary gelsolin-related amylosis. J. Sleep Res., 1999, 8: 143–149. , and
- Floppy eyelid syndrome and obstructive sleep apnea. Ophthal. Plast. Reconstr. Surg., 1997, 13: 98–114.
- Reversal of floppy eyelid syndrome with treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol., 2000, 28: 125–126.
- The eye and sleep apnea. Sleep Med. Rev., 2007, 11: 269–276.
- Eyelid, conjunctival, and corneal findings in sleep apnea syndrome. Ophthalmology, 1999, 106: 1182–1185. , , et al.
- Histopathologic features of the floppy eyelid syndrome. Involvement of tarsal elastin. Ophthalmology, 1994, 101: 174–181. , , and
- Frequent loss of nyctohemeral rhythm of intraocular pressure restored by nCPAP treatment in patients with severe apnea. Arch. Ophthalmol., 2010, 128: 1257–1263. , , , , and
- Eyelid hyperlaxity and obstructive sleep apnea (O.S.A.) syndrome. Eur. J. Ophthalmol., 1997, 7: 211–215. , , and
- The pathogenesis of floppy eyelid syndrome: involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in elastic fiber degradation. Ophthalmology, 2005, 112: 694–704. , , , , and
- Lax eyelid syndrome or ‘progeria’ of eyelid tissues. Orbit, 2004, 23: 3–12. , and
- The visual scoring of sleep in adults. J. Clin. Sleep Med., 2007, 3: 121–131. , and et al.
- Increased levels and activity of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med., 2004, 170: 1354–1359. , , et al.
- Sleep disorders and the eye. Mayo Clin. Proc., 2008, 83: 1251–1261. , and