Assessing chronic sleep reduction
The Chronic Sleep Reduction Questionnaire (CSRQ): a cross-cultural comparison and validation in Dutch and Australian adolescents
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2012
© 2012 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 584–594, October 2012
How to Cite
DEWALD, J. F., SHORT, M. A., GRADISAR, M., OORT, F. J. and MEIJER, A. M. (2012), The Chronic Sleep Reduction Questionnaire (CSRQ): a cross-cultural comparison and validation in Dutch and Australian adolescents. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 584–594. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2012.00999.x
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2012
- Accepted in revised form 7 January 2012; received 6 June 2011
- Estimating sleep patterns with activity monitoring in children and adolescents: how many nights are necessary for reliable measures?Sleep, 1999, 22: 95–103. , , et al.
- Associations of executive function with sleepiness and sleep duration in adolescents. Pediatrics, 2009, 123: 701–707. , , , and
- Patterns of performance degradation and restoration during sleep restriction and subsequent recovery: a dose–response study. J. Sleep Res., 2003, 12: 1–12. , , et al.
- Alternative ways of assessing model fit. Sociol. Meth. Res., 1992, 21: 230–258. and
- Regulation of sleepiness in adolescents: update, insights, and speculation. Sleep, 2002, 25: 606–614. and
- Association between puberty and delayed phase preference. Sleep, 1993, 16: 258–262. , and
- Sleep loss, learning capacity and academic performance. Sleep Med. Rev., 2006, 10: 323–337. , and
- The consequences of insufficient sleep for adolescents. Links between sleep and emotional regulation. Phi Delta Kappan, 1999, 80: 354–359.
- Sleeplessness and aggression in youth. J. Adolesc. Health, 2006, 38: 641–642.
- The influence of sleep quality, sleep duration and sleepiness on school performance in children and adolescents: a meta-analytic review. Sleep Med. Rev., 2010, 14: 179–189. , , , and
- ‘Sleepiness’ is serious in adolescence: two surveys of 3235 Canadian students. BMC Public Health, 2006, 6: 116. , , et al.
- Recent worldwide sleep patterns and problems during adolescence: a review and meta-analysis of age, region, and sleep. Sleep Med., 2011, 12: 110–118. , and
- Sleep, emotional and behavioral difficulties in children and adolescents. Sleep Med. Rev., 2011, in press. and
- Lisrel 8.8 for Windows. Lincolnwood, IL, Scientific Software International, Inc., 2006. and
- Psychological research online: report of Board of Scientific Affairs’ Advisory Group on the Conduct of Research on the Internet. Am. Psychol., 2004, 59: 105–117. , , , , and
- Comparison of actigraphic, polysomnographic, and subjective assessment of sleep parameters in sleep-disordered patients. Sleep Med., 2001, 2: 389–396. , , , , and
- Sleep duration, insomnia and behavioral problems among Chinese adolescents. Psychiatry Res., 2002, 111: 75–85. and
- Are adolescents chronically sleep-deprived? An investigation of sleep habits of adolescents in the southwest of Germany. Child Care Health Dev., 2008, 34: 549–556. , , , , and
- Chronic sleep reduction, functioning at school and school achievement in preadolescents. J. Sleep Res., 2008, 17: 395–405.
- Longitudinal relations between sleep quality, time in bed and adolescent problem behaviour. J. Child Psychol. Psychiatry, 2010, 51: 1278–1286. , , , and
- Excessive sleepiness in adolescents and young adults: causes, consequences, and treatment strategies. Pediatrics, 2005, 115: 1774–1786.
- The impact of sleep on learning and behavior in adolescents. Teachers Coll. Rec., 2002, 104: 704–726. , and
- The sleepy adolescent: causes and consequences of sleepiness in teens. Paediatr. Respir. Rev., 2008, 9: 114–120. and
- Relationships among sleepiness, sleep time, and psychological functioning in adolescents. J. Pediatr. Psychol., 2009, 34: 1175–1183. , , et al.
- Practice parameters for the use of actigraphy in the assessment of sleep and sleep disorders: an update for 2007. Sleep, 2007, 30: 519–529. , , et al.
- Sleep quality versus sleep quantity: relationships between sleep and measures of health, well-being and sleepiness in college students. J. Psychosom. Res., 1997, 42: 583–596. , and
- Restricted sleep among adolescents: prevalence, incidence, persistence, and associated factors. Behav. Sleep Med., 2011, 9: 18–30. , and
- Sleep habits and circadian preference in Italian children and adolescents. J. Sleep Res., 2007, 16: 163–169. , , , and
- Ensuring positiveness of the scaled difference chi-square test statistic. Psychometrika, 2010, 75: 243–248. and
- The cumulative cost of additional wakefulness: dose–response effects on neurobehavioral functions and sleep physiology from chronic sleep restriction and total sleep deprivation. Sleep, 2003a, 26: 117–126. , , and
- Sleep debt: theoretical and empirical issues. Sleep Biol. Rhythms, 2003b, 1: 5–13. , and
- Cognitive flexibility across the sleep–wake cycle: REM-sleep enhancement of anagram problem solving. Brain Res. Cogn. Brain Res., 2002, 14: 317–324. , , and
- Understanding adolescents’ sleep patterns and school performance: a critical appraisal. Sleep Med. Rev., 2003, 7: 491–506. and