A new metric for quantifying performance impairment on the psychomotor vigilance test
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2012
© 2012 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 659–674, December 2012
How to Cite
RAJARAMAN, S., RAMAKRISHNAN, S., THORSLEY, D., WESENSTEN, N. J., BALKIN, T. J. and REIFMAN, J. (2012), A new metric for quantifying performance impairment on the psychomotor vigilance test. Journal of Sleep Research, 21: 659–674. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2012.01008.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2012
- Accepted in revised form 8 February 2012; received 27 September 2011
- The rank version of von Neumann’s ratio test for randomness. J. Am. Stat. Asscoc., 1982, 77: 40–46.
- Maximizing sensitivity of the psychomotor vigilance test (PVT) to sleep loss. Sleep, 2011, 34: 581–591. and
- A two process model of sleep regulation. Hum. Neurobiol., 1982, 1: 195–204.
- An analysis of transformations. J. Roy. Stat. Soc. B. Met., 1964, 26: 211–252. and
- The Analysis of Time Series: An Introduction, 6th edition. Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2004.
- Microcomputer analyses of performance on a portable, simple visual RT task during sustained operations. Behav. Res. Meth. Ins. C., 1985, 17: 652–655. and
- Sustained attention performance during sleep deprivation: Evidence of state instability. Archives Italiennes De Biologie, 2001, 139: 253–267. , and
- Psychomotor vigilance performance: neurocognitive assay sensitive to sleep loss. In: C. A. Kushida (Ed.) Sleep Deprivation. Clinical Issues, Pharmacology, and Sleep Loss Effects. Marcel Dekker, New York, 2005: 39–70. , and
- The neural basis of the psychomotor vigilance task. Sleep, 2005, 28: 1059–1068. , , , , and
- An Introduction to the Bootstrap. Chapman & Hall, New York, 1993. and
- A new metric for probability distributions. IEEE T. Inform. Theory, 2003, 49: 1858–1860. and
- Statistical Methods for Meta-analysis. Academic Press, Orlando, 1985. and
- Dispersion of response times cognitive dynamics. Psychological Review, 2009, 116: 318–342. , and
- On information and sufficiency. Ann. Math. Stat., 1951, 22: 79–86. and
- The dynamics of neurobehavioural recovery following sleep loss. J. Sleep Res., 2007, 16: 33–41. , , , , and
- Divergence measures based on the Shannon entropy. IEEE T. Inform. Theory, 1991, 37: 145–151.
- Combining effect size estimates in meta-analysis with repeated measures and independent-groups designs. Psychol. Meth., 2002, 7: 105–125. and
- Age, performance and sleep deprivation. J. Sleep Res., 2004, 13: 105–110. , , et al.
- A default mode of brain function. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2001, 98: 676–682. , , , , and
- Individualized performance prediction of sleep-deprived individuals with the two-process model. J. Appl. Physiol., 2008, 104: 459–468. , , , and
- An improved methodology for individualized performance prediction of sleep-deprived individuals with the two-process model. Sleep, 2009, 32: 1377–1392. , , , and
- Enforced 24-hour recovery following sleep deprivation. Sleep, 1991, 14: 448–453. , , and
- Density Estimation for Statistics and Data Analysis. Chapman and Hall, London/New York, 1986.
- Optimization of biomathematical model predictions of cognitive performance impairment in individuals: accounting for unknown traits and uncertain states in homeostatic and circadian processes. Sleep, 2007, 27: 423–433. , , , , and
- How to fit a response time distribution. Psychon. B. Rev., 2000, 7: 424–465.
- Performance and alertness effects of caffeine, dextroamphetamine, and modafinil during sleep deprivation. J. Sleep Res., 2005, 14: 255–266. , and
- Biostatistical Analysis, 4th edition. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1999.