Daytime continuous polysomnography predicts MSLT results in hypersomnias of central origin
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2012
© 2012 European Sleep Research Society
Journal of Sleep Research
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 32–40, February 2013
How to Cite
PIZZA, F., MOGHADAM, K. K., VANDI, S., DETTO, S., POLI, F., MIGNOT, E., FERRI, R. and PLAZZI, G. (2013), Daytime continuous polysomnography predicts MSLT results in hypersomnias of central origin. Journal of Sleep Research, 22: 32–40. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.2012.01032.x
- Issue online: 16 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2012
- Accepted in revised from 26 May 2012; received 20 February 2012
- The clinical spectrum of narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. Neurology, 1996, 46: 393–401.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine. ICSD-2- International Classification of Sleep Disorders: Diagnostic and Coding Manual, 2nd edn. American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Westchester-Illinois, 2005.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia: a study of 77 cases. Sleep, 2007, 30: 1274–1281. , , , and
- The clinical use of the MSLT and MWT. Sleep, 2005, 28: 123–144. , , , , and
- Idiopathic hypersomnia. A series of 42 patients. Brain, 1997, 120: 1423–1435. and
- [Clinico-polygraphic considerations on essential ‘slow sleep’ narcolepsy]. Sist Nerv, 1967, 19: 81–89. , , and
- Twenty-four hour polygraphic recordings in narcoleptics. In: H. Gastaut, E. Lugaresi, G. Berti Ceroni and G. Coccagna (Eds) The Abnormalities of Sleep in Man, Proceedings of the XVth European Meeting on Electroencephalography, Bologna 1967. Aulo Gaggi Editore, Bologna, 1968: 235–238. , and .
- Diagnosis of narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. An update based on the International classification of sleep disorders, 2nd edition. Sleep Med. Rev., 2007, 11: 377–388.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia. Sleep Med. Rev., 2001, 5: 349–358. and
- Daytime sleep characteristics and their relationships with night sleep in the narcoleptic patient. Sleep, 1986, 9: 167–174. , , , , and
- Idiopathic hypersomnia. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci., 1998, 52: 125–129. , , , , and
- Sleep homeostasis and models of sleep regulation. J. Biol. Rhythms, 1999, 14: 557–568. and
- Ambulatory 24 h sleep-wake monitoring in narcolepsy-cataplexy compared to matched controls. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1988, 70: 473–481. , , , , and
- Guidelines for the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT): a standard measure of sleepiness. Sleep, 1986, 9: 519–524. , , , , and
- The nature of the narcoleptic sleep attack. Neurology, 1966, 16: 18–33. , and
- DQB1*0602 predicts interindividual differences in physiologic sleep, sleepiness, and fatigue. Neurology, 2010, 75: 1509–1519. , , and
- ‘High sleepability without sleepiness’. The ability to fall asleep rapidly without other signs of sleepiness. Neurophysiol. Clin., 1996, 26: 15–20. and
- A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale. Sleep, 1991, 14: 540–545.
- Subjective daytime sleepiness: dimensions and correlates in the general population. Sleep, 2005, 28: 625–634. and
- Ultrashort sleep-waking schedule. III. ‘Gates’ and ‘forbidden zones’ for sleep. Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol., 1986, 63: 414–425.
- Practice parameters for clinical use of the multiple sleep latency test and the maintenance of wakefulness test. Sleep, 2005, 28: 113–121. , , et al.
- Correlates of sleep-onset REM periods during the Multiple Sleep Latency Test in community adults. Brain, 2006, 129: 1609–1623. , , et al.
- [Polygraphic study of narcolepsy during the nycthemeral period]. Rev Neurol (Paris), 1968, 118: 431–441. , , and
- Daytime sleepiness and driving performance in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: comparison of the MSLT, the MWT, and a simulated driving task. Sleep, 2009, 32: 382–391. , , , and
- A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Brain Information Service/Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 1968. and .
- Idiopathic hypersomnia: a study of 187 personally observed cases. Int. J. Neurol., 1981, 15: 108–118.
- The prevalence of multiple sleep-onset REM periods in a population-based sample. Sleep, 2006, 29: 890–895. , and
- Idiopathic hypersomnia with and without long sleep time: a controlled series of 75 patients. Sleep, 2009, 32: 753–759. and
- Italian version of the Epworth sleepiness scale: external validity. Neurol Sci, 2003, 23: 295–300. , , et al.
- The influence of two behavioral regimens on the distribution of sleep and wakefulness in narcoleptic patients. Sleep, 1990, 13: 136–142. , , , and
- Narcolepsy. Arch. Intern. Med., 1960, 106: 168–171. and