Evaluation of three short-listing methodologies for selection into postgraduate training in general practice
Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2008
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2009
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 50–57, January 2009
How to Cite
Patterson, F., Baron, H., Carr, V., Plint, S. and Lane, P. (2009), Evaluation of three short-listing methodologies for selection into postgraduate training in general practice. Medical Education, 43: 50–57. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.2008.03238.x
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 17 DEC 2008
- Received 27 November 2007; editorial comments to authors 6 February 2008, 29 April 2008; accepted for publication 28 May 2008
- 1Modernising Medical Careers. London: Department of Health. http://www.mmc.nhs.uk/. [Accessed 2 April 2008.]
- 2British Medical Association Board of Medical Education. Selection for Specialty Training. London: BMA 2006. http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/selectionforspecialtytraining. [Accessed 2 April 2008.]
- 3Assessment for recruitment. In: JacksonN, JamiesonF, KhanA, eds. Assessment in Medical Education and Training. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing 2007;62–73., .
- 4Work Psychology: Understanding Human Behaviour in the Workplace, 4th edn. Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall 2004., , , , , .
- 5Selection for Medical Education and Training. Understanding Medical Education Series. Edinburgh: Association for the Study of Medical Education 2007., .
- 6Recruitment to GP specialty training. BMJ Career Focus 2007;335:gp73–5., , .
- 10Tackling situational judgement tests. BMJ Career Focus 2007;334:gp189–90..
- 12Situational judgement tests. In: AndersonN, EversA, VoskuijilO, eds. Blackwell Handbook of Selection. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing 2005;219–42., .
- 16Selection utility analysis: a review and agenda for future research. In: SmithM, RobertsonIT, eds. Advances in Selection and Assessment. London: John Wiley & Sons 1989;227–58..
- 18Aspiring to Excellence: Findings and Recommendations of the Independent Inquiry into Modernising Medical Careers. London: MMC Inquiry 2007. http://www.mmcinquiry.org.uk/draft.htm. [Accessed 2 April 2008.].
- 20Developing a national selection process for UK GP specialty training – a model for success? J Postgrad Med; Submitted., , .