Workplace-based assessments of junior doctors: do scores predict training difficulties?
Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2011
Volume 45, Issue 12, pages 1190–1198, December 2011
How to Cite
Mitchell, C., Bhat, S., Herbert, A. and Baker, P. (2011), Workplace-based assessments of junior doctors: do scores predict training difficulties?. Medical Education, 45: 1190–1198. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.2011.04056.x
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
- Received 11 November 2010; editorial comments to authors 14 December 2010, 21 March 2011; accepted for publication 24 May 2011
- 3To Err is Human: Building A Safer Health System. A Report of the Committee on Quality of Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academy Press 2000., , .
- 7Independent Inquiry into Modernising Medical Careers. Aspiring to Excellence. London: MMC Inquiry 2008.
- 8Foundation for Excellence – An Evaluation of the Foundation Programme. London: Medical Education England 2010..
- 10General Medical Council. Good Medical Practice: providing good medical care. London: GMC 2006.
- 11Ill health in Foundation trainees. British Medical Association, American Medical Association, Canadian Medical Association International Conference on Doctors’ Health: Doctors’ Health Matters – Finding the Balance, 17–19 November 2008, London. London: BMA 2008;37, , .
- 20Comprehensive assessment of clinical competence of family/general physicians using multiple measures. Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Research in Medical Education. Washington, DC: Association of American Medical Colleges 1989;75–9., , , , , .
- 21Predictive validity of medical specialty examinations – Final report for Grant HS 02038-04. East Lansing, MI: National Center of Health Services Research, Office of Medical Education and Research and Development, Michigan State University 1983., , , .