From sick role to practices of health and illness
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2013
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 18–25, January 2013
How to Cite
Frank, A. W. (2013), From sick role to practices of health and illness. Medical Education, 47: 18–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04298.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Received 1 December 2011; editorial comments to author 5 December 2011; accepted for publication 30 December 2011
- 1From Max Weber: Essays in Sociology. New York, NY: Oxford 1958; 155., , eds.
- 2Boys in White: Student Culture in Medical School. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press 1961., , , .
- 3The Student-Physician: Introductory Studies in the Sociology of Medical Education. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press 1957., , , eds.
- 4The Social System. Glencoe, IL: Free Press 1951..
- 5Talcott Parsons: Theorist of Modernity. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications 1991., , eds.
- 6Studies in Ethnomethodology. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall 1967..
- 7The Body Multiple. Durham, NC: Duke University Press 2002..
- 8Discipline and Punish: the Birth of the Prison. New York, NY: Vintage 1977..
- 9Birth of the Clinic: An Archaeology of Medical Perception. New York, NY: Vintage 1975..
- 10The Normal and the Pathological. New York, NY: Zone Books 1998..
- 11The Essential Foucault. , , eds. New York, NY: New Press 2003;104..
- 12Ethics: Subjectivity and Truth. New York: New Press 1997;256..
- 13Ethics: Subjectivity and Truth. New York, NY: New Press 1997..
- 14The Cult of Efficiency. Toronto, ON: Anansi Press 2002..
- 15Outline of a Theory of Practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1977..
- 16Practical Reason: On the Theory of Action. Stanford, CT: Stanford University Press 1998..
- 17Pascalian Meditations. Stanford, CT: Stanford University Press 2000..
- 18Dubious Equalities and Embodied Differences. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield 2003..
- 19Narrative Medicine: Honoring the Stories of Illness. New York, NY: Oxford University Press 2006..
- 20The Wounded Storyteller: Body, Ethics, and Illness. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press 1995..
- 21The Renewal of Generosity: Illness, Medicine, and How to Live. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press 2004..
- 22Letting Stories Breathe: A Socio-Narratology. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press 2010..
- 23The Anatomy of Criticism. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press 1957..
- 24Shalimar the Clown. New York, NY: Random House 2006;37..