S. M. Haig and J. D. Ballou have been working on the conservation genetics of Guam Rails since 1987. N. J. Casna prepared the DNA profiles and generated band-sharing coefficients. Results and methods described in this paper are being used in designing the reintroduction of Guam rails to the wild and for maintaining a viable captive population of Micronesian Kingfishers, a species that was also extirpated from Guam.
Identification of kin structure among Guam rail founders: a comparison of pedigrees and DNA profiles
Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 109–119, April 1994
How to Cite
HAIG, S. M., BALLOU, J. D. and CASNA, N. J. (1994), Identification of kin structure among Guam rail founders: a comparison of pedigrees and DNA profiles. Molecular Ecology, 3: 109–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-294X.1994.tb00111.x
- Issue online: 9 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 OCT 2008
- Received 23 December 1992; revision received 16 July 1993; accepted 18 August 1993
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!