Felix Knauer and Wolfgang Schriider as well as Peha Kaaenfky work at the Munich Wildlife society on the protection, reintroduction and management of bears in the Alps. Together with Alberto Stoffela of the Italian Forestry Service, and with the Adamello- Brenta Nature Park and the Provincial Government of Trentino they are developing a plan for the long-term management of the Brenta bears. Stimulated by the problems encountered in the sampling of the animals in Brenta, Michael Kohn and Matthias Hoss developed the excremental PCR in the labora tory of Svante Paabo.
Conservation genetics of the European brown bear - a study using excremental PCR of nuclear and mitochondrial sequences
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 95–104, February 1995
How to Cite
Kohn, M., Knauer, F., Stoffella, A., SCHRÖDER, W. and PÄÄBO, S. (1995), Conservation genetics of the European brown bear - a study using excremental PCR of nuclear and mitochondrial sequences. Molecular Ecology, 4: 95–104. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-294X.1995.tb00196.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received 8 June 1994 revised 22 August 1994 accepted 1 November 1994
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!