A part of the observations were made at the W. M. Keck Observatory which is operated as a scientific partnership between the California Institute of Technology and the University of California; it was made possible by the generous support of the W. M. Keck Foundation. This paper also includes data gathered with the 6.5-m Magellan Telescopes located at Las Campanas Observatory, Chile.
Measurements of the ultraviolet background at 4.6 < z < 6.4 using the quasar proximity effect★
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society © 2011 RAS
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Volume 412, Issue 4, pages 2543–2562, April 2011
How to Cite
Calverley, A. P., Becker, G. D., Haehnelt, M. G. and Bolton, J. S. (2011), Measurements of the ultraviolet background at 4.6 < z < 6.4 using the quasar proximity effect. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 412: 2543–2562. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2966.2010.18072.x
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2011
- Accepted 2010 November 23. Received 2010 November 8; in original form 2010 September 13
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!