Based on spectropolarimetric observations obtained at the Canada–France–Hawaii Telescope (CFHT) which is operated by the National Research Council of Canada, the Institut National des Sciences de l’Univers (INSU) of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique of France, and the University of Hawaii, as well as on observations obtained using the Narval spectropolarimeter at the Observatoire du Pic du Midi (France), which is operated by the INSU. The spectroscopic data were gathered with five facilities: the 9.2-m Hobby–Eberly Telescope at McDonald Observatory (MDO), the 3.5-m Telescope at Calar Alto Observatory (CAHA), the 1.5-m Telescope at the Observatorio de Sierra Nevada (OSN), the 4.2-m William Herschel Telescope at the Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos (ORM) and the 2-m Himalayan Chandra Telescope at Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO).
NGC 1624-2: a slowly rotating, X-ray luminous Of?cp star with an extraordinarily strong magnetic field†
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society © 2012 RAS
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Volume 425, Issue 2, pages 1278–1293, 11 September 2012
How to Cite
Wade, G. A., Apellániz, J. M., Martins, F., Petit, V., Grunhut, J., Walborn, N. R., Barbá, R. H., Gagné, M., García-Melendo, E., Jose, J., Moffat, A. F. J., Nazé, Y., Neiner, C., Pellerin, A., Ordaz, M. P., Shultz, M., Simón-Díaz, S., Sota, A. and the MiMeS Collaboration (2012), NGC 1624-2: a slowly rotating, X-ray luminous Of?cp star with an extraordinarily strong magnetic field. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 425: 1278–1293. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2966.2012.21523.x
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUN 2012
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Spanish Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación. Grant Numbers: AYA2010-15081, AYA2010-17631
- Junta de Andalucía. Grant Number: P08-TIC-4075
- George P. and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Institute for Fundamental Physics and Astronomy
- Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique (Belgium)
- Communauté Frana¸ise de Belgique
- PRODEX XMM and Integral contracts
- Action de Recherche Concertée (CFWB–Académie Wallonie Europe)
- Fonds Québecois de la Recherche sur la Nature et les Technologies
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!