Lower functional gastrointestinal disorders: evidence of abnormal colonic transit in a 287 patient cohort
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2009
© 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Neurogastroenterology & Motility
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 293–e82, March 2010
How to Cite
Manabe, N., Wong, B. S., Camilleri, M., Burton, D., Mckinzie, S. and Zinsmeister, A. R. (2010), Lower functional gastrointestinal disorders: evidence of abnormal colonic transit in a 287 patient cohort. Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 22: 293–e82. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2009.01442.x
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2009
- Received: 2 October 2009 Accepted for publication: 1 November 2009
- 1Assessment of autonomic tone over a 24-hour period in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (abstr). Gastroenterology 1997; 112: A773., , et al.
- 2Irritable bowel syndrome in office based practice in the United States. Gastroenterology 1991; 100: 988–1005., .
- 3Longitudinal study of the comparative costs of IBS in an HMO (abstr). Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: A2540., , et al.Direct Link:
- 4Motor function in irritable bowel syndrome. Can J Gastroenterol 1999; 13(Suppl A): 8A–11A..
- 6Clinical utility of diagnostic tests for constipation in adults: a systemic review. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100: 1605–15., , et al.Direct Link:
- 7Symptoms and physiology in severe chronic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 131–8., , et al.Direct Link:
- 11Obesity is associated with increased risk of gastrointestinal symptoms: a population-based study. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1801–6., , et al.Direct Link:
- 12Obesity and chronic gastrointestinal tract symptoms in young adults: a birth cohort study. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1807–14., , .Direct Link:
- 23Functional bowel disorders and functional abdominal pain. In: DrossmanDA, CorazziariE, TalleyNJ et al. , eds. Rome II: The Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. 2nd Ed. McLean, VA: Degnon Associates, 2000: 351–432., , et al.
- 31Accelerated regional bowel transit and overweight shown in idiopathic bile acid malabsorption. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 711–8., , et al.Direct Link:
- 32Food-related gastrointestinal symptoms in the irritable bowel syndrome. Digestion 2001; 163: 108–15., , et al.
- 35Colonic motility abnormality in patients with irritable bowel syndrome exhibiting abdominal pain and diarrhea. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 1499–506., , , , .Direct Link:
- 37Functional bowel disorders. In: DrossmanDA, CorazziariE, DelvauxM et al. , eds. Rome III: The Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. 3rd Ed. McLean, VA: Degnon Associates, 2006: 487–555., , et al.
- 40Clinical pattern over time in irritable bowel syndrome: symptom instability and severity variability. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 113–21., , et al.Direct Link:
- 43Gender-related differences in slowing colonic transit by a 5-HT3 antagonist in subjects with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 2671–6., , et al.Direct Link:
- 48Performance characteristics of scintigraphic colon transit measurement in health and irritable bowel syndrome and relationship to bowel functions. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2009; in press (doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2009.01441.x)., , et al.