Mechanism of gastroesophageal reflux in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Neurogastroenterology & Motility
Volume 22, Issue 6, pages 611–e172, June 2010
How to Cite
Kuribayashi, S., Kusano, M., Kawamura, O., Shimoyama, Y., Maeda, M., Hisada, T., Ishizuka, T., Dobashi, K. and Mori, M. (2010), Mechanism of gastroesophageal reflux in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 22: 611–e172. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2010.01485.x
- Issue online: 4 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2010
- Received: 6 August 2009 Accepted for publication: 3 February 2010
- 2Correlation between severity of endoscopic findings and apnea-hypopnea index in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease and obstructive sleep apnea. World J Gastroenterol 2005; 6: 839–41., , .
- 10Influence of breathing pattern on the esophagogastric junction pressure and esophageal transit. Am J Physiol 1995; 1: G577–83., , , .
- 16Practice guidelines on the diagnosis, surveillance, and therapy of Barrett’s esophagus. The Practice Parameters Committee of the American College of Gastroenterology. Am J Gastroenterol 1998; 93: 1028–32..Direct Link:
- 19A Manual of Standardized Terminology, Techniques and Scoring System for Sleep Stages of Human Subjects. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Depaertment of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1968., .
- 20EEG arousals: scoring rules and examples: a preliminary report from the Sleep Disorders Atlas Task Force of the American Sleep Disorders Association. Sleep 1992; 15: 173–84., , et al.
- 21American Academy of Sleep Medicine Task Force. Sleep-related breathing disorders in adults: recommendations for syndrome definition and measurement techniques in clinical research. The Report of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine Task Force. Sleep 1999; 5: 667–89.
- 24Criteria for objective definition of transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxation. Am J Physiol 1995; 1: G128–33., , .
- 27Composition of the postprandial refluxate in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 647–55., , , , , .Direct Link: