Normative values and inter-observer agreement for liquid and solid bolus swallows in upright and supine positions as assessed by esophageal high-resolution manometry
Article first published online: 22 FEB 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Neurogastroenterology & Motility
Volume 23, Issue 6, pages 509–e198, June 2011
How to Cite
Sweis, R., Anggiansah, A., Wong, T., Kaufman, E., Obrecht, S. and Fox, M. (2011), Normative values and inter-observer agreement for liquid and solid bolus swallows in upright and supine positions as assessed by esophageal high-resolution manometry. Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 23: 509–e198. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2011.01682.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 22 FEB 2011
- Received: 23 November 2010 Accepted for publication: 14 January 2011
- 2Guidelines for oesophageal manometry and pH monitoring. In: BSG Guidelines, 2006: http://www.bsg.org.uk/clinical-guidelines/oesophageal/guidelines-for-oesophageal-manometry-and-ph-monitoring.html ., .
- 3Combined multichannel intraluminal impedance and manometry clarifies esophageal function abnormalities: study in 350 patients. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 1011–9., .Direct Link:
- 7High-resolution manometry predicts the success of oesophageal bolus transport and identifies clinically important abnormalities not detected by conventional manometry. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2004; 16: 533–42., , et al.
- 11Inclusion of solid swallows and a test meal increase the clinical utility of High Resolution Manometry in patients with dysphagia. Gastroenterology 2010; 138 (Suppl. 1): S–600., , , .
- 12Solid swallows and a test meal increase the clinical utility of High Resolution Manometry in patients presenting with reflux symptoms. Gastroenterology 2010; 138 (Suppl. 1): S–600., , , .
- 17The effects of tegaserod on oesophageal function and bolus transport in healthy volunteers: studies using concurrent high-resolution manometry and videofluoroscopy. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2006; 24: 1017–27., , , , .
- 18Esophageal solid bolus transit: studies using concurrent videofluoroscopy and manometry. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 1457–63., , , .Direct Link:
- 22Forming inferences about some intraclass correlation coefficients. Psychol Methods 1996; 1: 30–46. [Correction to McGraw and Wong (1996). Psychological Methods 1: 390.], .