Efficacy of ramosetron in the treatment of male patients with irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea: a multicenter, randomized clinical trial, compared with mebeverine
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Neurogastroenterology & Motility
Volume 23, Issue 12, pages 1098–1104, December 2011
How to Cite
Lee, K. J., Kim, N. Y., Kwon, J. K., Huh, K. C., Lee, O. Y., Lee, J. S., Choi, S. C., Sohn, C. I., Myung, S. J., Park, H. J., Choi, M. K., Bak, Y. T. and Rhee, P. L. (2011), Efficacy of ramosetron in the treatment of male patients with irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea: a multicenter, randomized clinical trial, compared with mebeverine. Neurogastroenterology & Motility, 23: 1098–1104. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2011.01771.x
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2011
- Received: 15 May 2011 Accepted for publication: 27 July 2011
- 3The prevalence, symptom characteristics, and impact of irritable bowel syndrome in an Asian urban community. Am J Gastroenterol 2004; 99: 924–31., , et al.Direct Link:
- 9Inhibitory effects of ramosetron, a potent and selective 5-HT3-receptor antagonist, on conditioned fear stress-induced abnormal defecation and normal defecation in rats: comparative studies with antidiarrheal and spasmolytic agents. J Pharmacol Sci 2008; 106: 264–70., , et al.
- 10Effects of serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists on stress-induced colonic hyperalgesia and diarrhoea in rats: a comparative study with opioid receptor agonists, a muscarinic receptor antagonist and a synthetic polymer. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2008; 20: 557–65., , et al.
- 12A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of the effectiveness of the novel serotonin type 3 receptor antagonist ramosetron in both male and female Japanese patients with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Scand J Gastroenterol 2008; 43: 1202–11., , et al.