Prenatal maternal stress and early caregiving experiences: implications for childhood asthma risk
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2007
Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology
Special Issue: Insights from the Epidemiology of Asthma
Volume 21, Issue Supplement s3, pages 8–14, November 2007
How to Cite
Wright, R. J. (2007), Prenatal maternal stress and early caregiving experiences: implications for childhood asthma risk. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, 21: 8–14. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3016.2007.00879.x
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2007
- 3Putting asthma into context: influences on risk, behavior, and intervention. In: Neighborhoods and Health. Editors: KawachiI, BerkmanLF. New York: Oxford University Press 2003; pp. 233–262.,
- 4Summary of the symposium on genetic variation and gene environment interaction in human health and disease. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), National Human Genome. Research Institute, (NHGRI) and National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) 2003, http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/science/gene-env/docs/gesymp03.pdf (last accessed 26 September 2007).
- 5Genes, Behavior, and the Social Environment: Moving Beyond the Nature/Nurture Debate. Committee on Assessing Interactions among Social, Behavioral and Genetic Factors in Health, Board on Health Sciences Policy. Editors: HernandezLM, BlazerDG. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, 2006; pp. 109–131.
- 40Dexamethasone in the last week of pregnancy attenuates hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor gene expression and elevates blood pressure in the adult offspring in the rat. Neuroendocrinology 1986; 39:1299–1305., , ,
- 49Blunted cortisol response predicts increased total IgE in pregnant mothers enrolled in an urban asthma birth-cohort: Project ACCESS. International Conference of the American Thoracic Society. San Francisco. CA, May 2007. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2007; 175:A445., , ,
- 51Prenatal stress induces high anxiety and postnatal handling induces low anxiety in adult offspring: correlation with stress-induced corticosterone secretion. Journal of Neuroscience 1997; 17:626–636., , , , ,
- 55Persistent elevations of cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of corticotropin-releasing factor in adult nonhuman primates exposed to early-life stressors: implications for the pathophysiology of mood and anxiety disorders. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1996; 93:1619–1623., , , , , , et al.
- 62The Effects of Mother's Physical and Emotional Unavailability on Emotions Regulation. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1994.
- 63Longitudinal study of children of depressed mothers: psychobiological findings related to stress. In: Advancing Research on Developmental Plasticity: Integrating the Behavioral Sciences and the Neurosciences of Mental Health. Editors: HannDM, HuffmanLC, LederhendlerKK, MineckeD. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Mental Health, 1998; p. 256., , , , , , et al.