Both authors contributed equally to the study.
A Full Flora, but not Monocolonization by Escherichia coli or Lactobacilli, Supports Tolerogenic Processing of a Fed Antigen
Article first published online: 15 JUN 2005
Scandinavian Journal of Immunology
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 529–535, June 2005
How to Cite
Rask, C., Evertsson, S., Telemo, E. and Wold, A. E. (2005), A Full Flora, but not Monocolonization by Escherichia coli or Lactobacilli, Supports Tolerogenic Processing of a Fed Antigen. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, 61: 529–535. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3083.2005.01598.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 15 JUN 2005
- Received 25 January 2005; Accepted in revised form 15 March 2005
- 1Childhood eczema: disease of the advantaged? BMJ 1994;6937: 1132–35., , .
- 2Prevalence of asthma and atopy in two areas of West and East Germany. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994;2(Part 1):358–64., , , , , .
- 12Cross sectional retrospective study of prevalence of atopy among Italian military students with antibodies against hepatitis A virus. BMJ 1997;7086: 999–1003., , et al.
- 17Prevalence of hay fever and allergic sensitization in farmer's children and their peers living in the same rural community. SCARPOL team. Swiss Study on Childhood Allergy and Respiratory Symptoms with Respect to Air Pollution. Clin Exp Allergy 1999;1: 28–34., , et al.
- 20Immunological responses to fed protein antigens in mice. II. Oral tolerance for CMI is due to activation of cyclophosphamide-sensitive cells by gut-processed antigen. Immunology 1983;3: 451–56., , , , .
- 25Effect of the gastrointestinal microflora on induction and maintenance of oral tolerance to ovalbumin in C3H/HeJ mice. Infect Immun 1988;10: 2766–68., .
- 26The requirement of intestinal bacterial flora for the development of an IgE production system fully susceptible to oral tolerance induction. J Immunol 1997;4: 1739–45., , , , , .
- 28Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) regulation of the immune response: LPS converts germfree mice to sensitivity to oral tolerance induction. J Immunol 1982;3: 959–65., , , , .
- 29Effect of probiotic bacteria on induction and maintenance of oral tolerance to beta-lactoglobulin in gnotobiotic mice. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 2003;5: 787–92., , .
- 33Failure of SCID mice to generate an oral tolerogen after a feed of ovalbumin: a role for a functioning gut-associated lymphoid system. Immunology 1994;4: 562–67., , .
- 34Differential induction of major histocompatibility complex molecules on mouse intestine by bacterial colonization. Gastroenterology 1992;6: 1777–82., , .
- 35Microflora-associated characteristics in faeces from allergic and nonallergic infants. Clin Exp Allergy 2000;11: 1590–96., , , , .