Evaluation of syphilis in patients with HIV infection in Nigeria
Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 58–64, January 2005
How to Cite
Nnoruka, E. N. and Ezeoke, A. C. J. (2005), Evaluation of syphilis in patients with HIV infection in Nigeria. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 10: 58–64. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2004.01344.x
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 12 JAN 2005
- 1985) Immunopathogenesis of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Annals of Internal Medicine 103, 704–709. , & (
- Centers for Disease Control (1987) Revision of the CDC surveillance case definition for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 36 (Suppl), 3S–9S.
- Centers for Disease Control (1993) Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 42, 40–44.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1998) HIV prevention through early detection and treatment of other sexually transmitted diseases – United States. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 47 (RR-12), 1–24.
- 1993) Sexually transmitted diseases and human immunodeficiency virus, epidemiologic synergy. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America 7, 753–770. & (
- Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria (2001) STD/HIV Technical Report 1–3.
- 1999) From epidemiological synergy to public health policy: the contribution of other sexually transmitted diseases to sexual transmission of HIV infection. Sexually Transmitted Infections 75, 3–17. & (
- 1987) Syphilis. In: Dermatology in General Medicine, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 2408–2409. & (
- 1990) Clinical and laboratory studies. The spectrum of syphilis in human immunodeficiency virus infection. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 22, 1061–1067. , & (
- 1987) Seronegative secondary syphilis in a patient infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) with Kaposi's sarcoma: a diagnostic dilemma. Annals of Internal Medicine 107, 492–495. , , et al. (
- 1987) Alteration in the natural history of neurosyphilis by concurrent infection with the human immunodeficiency virus. New England Journal of Medicine 316, 1569–1572. , & (
- 1988) AIDS and syphilis. Atlantic Monthly Jan, 17–26. (
- MoHW (2001) Syndromic Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections for Nigeria: Manual for Health Workers. Abuja, Nigeria, pp. 3–38.
- 1993) HIV infection and sexually transmitted diseases. In: Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries (eds DTJamison, WHMosely, ARMeasham & JLBabadilla) Oxford University Press, New York, pp. 445–529. & (
- 1988) Human immunodeficiency virus infection among patients attending clinics for sexually transmitted diseases. New England Journal of Medicine 318, 197–203. , , et al. (
- 1995) The prozone phenomenon in secondary syphilis. Acta Dermato-Venereologica 75, 153–154. , & (
- 1987) Syphilis in the AIDS era. New England Journal of Medicine 316, 1600–1601. (
- 1992) Epidemiology synergy: interrelationships between HIV and other STDs. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 19, 61–77. (