Physical and psychosocial burden due to lymphatic filariasis as perceived by patients and medical experts
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2005
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 567–573, June 2005
How to Cite
Krishna Kumari, A., Harichandrakumar, K. T., Das, L. K. and Krishnamoorthy, K. (2005), Physical and psychosocial burden due to lymphatic filariasis as perceived by patients and medical experts. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 10: 567–573. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2005.01426.x
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2005
- 2003) Controlling Disease Due to Helminth Infections. World Health Organization, Geneva. , , & (
- 1975) Community Health, Preventive Medicine and Social Service. Bailliere Tindall, London. pp. 129. (
- Euroqol Group. EuroQol (1990). A new facility for measurement of health related quality of life. Health Policy 16, 199–208.
- 2000) The burden of hydrocele on men in Northern Ghana. Acta Tropica 77, 287–294. , , et al. (
- 2004) Arthritis and health related quality of life. http://www.hopkin-arthritis.som.jhmi.edu (accessed on 1 July 2004). (
- 1999) Estimated costs of acute adenolymphangitis to patients with chronic manifestations of Bancroftian Filariasis in India. Indian Journal of Public Health 43, 58–63. (
- 2001) Health State Valuations Study in Andhra Pradesh: Review of Literature and Methods in Estimating National Burden of Disease: the Burden of Disease in Andhra Pradesh 1990s. Institute of Health Systems, HACA Bhawan, Hyderabad, India. , , et al. (
- 1998) Clinical features, pathogenesis and management of lymphatic filariasis. ICMR Bulletin 28, 41–51. & (
- 1995) Episodic adenolymphangitis and lymphoedema in patients with bancroftian filariasis. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 89, 72–74. , , et al. (
- 1994) Social Beliefs, Cultural Practices in Health and Disease. Rawat publications, Jaipur and New Delhi. (
- 1997) Functional impairment caused by lymphatic filariasis in rural areas of South India. Tropical Medicine of International Health 2, 832–838. , , et al. (
- 2000) The economic burden of lymphatic filariasis in India. Parasitology Today 16, 251–253. , , et al. (
- 2002) Management of disability in lymphatic filariasis – an update. Journal of Communicable Diseases 34, 1–14. (
- 2002) Efficacy and sustainability of a footcare programme in preventing acute attacks of adenolymphangitis in Brugian filariasis. Tropical Medicine and International Health 7, 763–766. & (
- 2003) A qualitative study of the perceptions, practices and socio-psychological suffering related to chronic brugian filariasis in Kerala, Southern India. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 97, 839–845. & (
- WHO (1992) Lymphatic filariasis. The disease and its control. Fifth report of the WHO Expert Committee on Filariasis. WHO Technical Report Series 821, 1–71.
- WHO (1997) Lymphatic Filariasis: Reasons for Hope. WHO/CTD/FIL/97.4. World Health Organization, Geneva, pp. 1–20.
- WHO (1998) Lymphatic Filariasis. Fact sheet Number 190 (January 1998). World Health Organization, Geneva.
- WHO (2000) Preparing and Implementing a National Plan to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis. WHO/CDS/CPE/CEEE/2000.15. World Health Organization, Geneva.